Author Topic: DHS Secretary Mayorkas ‘Not Familiar’ with California’s Sanctuary State Law  (Read 338 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DHS Secretary Mayorkas ‘Not Familiar’ with California’s Sanctuary State Law

by JOHN BINDER 27 Jul 2023

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas says he is “not familiar with the particulars” of California’s sanctuary state law that shields countless criminal illegal aliens from arrest and deportation every year.

During a hearing before the House Judiciary Committee this week, Rep. Kevin Kiley (R-CA) asked Mayorkas his views on sanctuary jurisdictions. The secretary, though, refused to criticize California’s sanctuary state law — the strictest in the nation — and went as far as to say he is unaware of the details of the law.

“I do not consider it in the service to public safety to release an individual into the community when that individual can be released to Immigration and Customs Enforcement for prompt removal,” Mayorkas said when asked by Kiley if he believes sanctuary jurisdictions risk public safety for Americans.

“So you oppose California’s sanctuary state law?” Kiley then asked, to which Mayorkas responded, “I am not familiar with the particulars of that law.”

https://www.alipac.us/f12/dhs-secretary-mayorkas-%91not-familiar%92-california%92s-sanctuary-state-law-411360/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

California congressman tweets:
Kevin Kiley
@KevinKileyCA
San Francisco Supervisor Matt Dorsey proposed removing "sanctuary" protections for fentanyl dealers. Half the city's dealers are here illegally.

A poll showed 70% of SF voters support the proposal. Yet every Supervisor but Dorsey voted to keep protecting the dealers.

Now, six months later, we've learned the city is on pace for a record number of fentanyl deaths this year – with 385 as of the end of July.

The State Legislature has been similarly reckless. Last year, a Sacramento man was released from jail in spite of an ICE detainer because of the Sanctuary State law. Days later, he murdered his own three daughters.

I was in the Legislature at the time. In the aftermath of the tragedy, I introduced a bill to repeal the Sanctuary State. The "Public Safety Committee" killed it.

Congress has a responsibility to stop these rogue jurisdictions from threatening public safety. That's why I've introduced the No Sanctuary for Criminals Act to end sanctuary policies nationwide.
6:57 PM · Aug 20, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It's up to Congress to withold Federal funding from states and municipalities which obstruct and countermand the enforcement of Federal immigration law.

Hit them where it hurts - the budget.

Keep sending those buses up North.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.