Author Topic: How rates of mass shootings vary by state, mapped  (Read 215 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How rates of mass shootings vary by state, mapped
« on: July 27, 2023, 01:58:01 pm »
How rates of mass shootings vary by state, mapped
Story by Aria Bendix and Randi Selvey • Yesterday 5:30 PM

More than half of all mass shootings in the U.S. since 1966 have taken place in the last 20 years.

From 2014 to 2022, the U.S. saw around 4,000 mass shootings, resulting in around 21,000 deaths or injuries, according to a study published Wednesday in the journal JAMA Network Open.

The study analyzed data from the Gun Violence Archive, a research database that tracks gun violence incidents based on reports from media outlets, local or state police departments and other government agencies. It defines a mass shooting as one in which four or more people, not including the shooter, are shot or killed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/how-rates-of-mass-shootings-vary-by-state-mapped/ar-AA1eoMxh?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b37bdb593ba845ec8b40a3873f9b0b00&ei=44
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: How rates of mass shootings vary by state, mapped
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2023, 01:59:22 pm »
Hasn't the rise in mass shootings been correlated to the rise in global warming? *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson