Author Topic: Potential Crimes of the Biden Administration. Has the Government Become the Smuggler?  (Read 179 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Potential Crimes of the Biden Administration. Has the Government Become the Smuggler?
Parsing Immigration Policy, Episode 115

By Mark Krikorian and George Fishman on July 27, 2023

Summary
The Center for Immigration Studies recently uncovered what appears to be deliberate participation in alien smuggling by the Department of Homeland Security. Todd Bensman, the Center’s senior national security fellow, revealed the facilitation of illegal entry of large numbers of aliens across the Rio Grande River. George Fishman, the Center’s senior legal fellow, joins Parsing Immigration Policy to examine the legal implications for the Biden administration as he detailed in a recent report.

If proven, these allegations would constitute criminal violations of the federal anti-alien-smuggling law, with the greatest culpability falling on the members of the Biden administration who came up with the scheme and ordered it carried out.

Fishman draws parallels between what he has dubbed “Rio Grande-Gate” and congressional Democrats’ investigation into the Reagan administration’s “Iran-Contra Affair”. He hopes that Democrats will treat the allegations against Biden’s DHS with the same level of seriousness.

Fishman also urges Attorney General Merrick Garland to appoint a special counsel to investigate this matter, given doubts that AG Garland’s DOJ could conduct a fair investigation. The next administration could also investigate, as the statute of limitations on most alien smuggling crimes is five years.

https://cis.org/Parsing-Immigration-Policy/Potential-Crimes-Biden-Administration-Has-Government-Become-Smuggler
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Has the Government Become the Smuggler?"

To ask this question, is to answer it.