Author Topic: Intrusive ‘smart meters’ threaten to turn UK homes into Net Zero panopticon  (Read 384 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Intrusive ‘smart meters’ threaten to turn UK homes into Net Zero panopticon
JULY 26, 2023
By Paul Homewood

London, 26 July – Net Zero Watch is warning that smart meters are a threat to privacy and freedom of conscience.

It is being reported today that hundreds of thousands of households have been remotely switched to more expensive tariffs without their consent.

But the campaign group says that this is just the beginning and that smart meters are even more of a danger than people realise, because the Government sees them as a way to reduce demand when the wind isn’t blowing.

Net Zero Watch director Andrew Montford says:

"The grid will have no way to generate enough power when there is no wind. Smart meters enable them to ration power instead. At first they will bribe you to switch off, but if not enough people take up the offer, they will switch you off anyway: first individual appliances, and then potentially your whole home."

These concerns were set out in a paper published in 2021.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2023/07/26/intrusive-smart-meters-threaten-to-turn-uk-homes-into-net-zero-panopticon/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson