Author Topic: The Time to Worry About Public Education Was Decades Ago  (Read 433 times)

Offline Kamaji

The Time to Worry About Public Education Was Decades Ago
« on: July 26, 2023, 06:17:15 pm »
The Time to Worry About Public Education Was Decades Ago

BY STEPHEN KRUISER
JULY 26, 2023

These past couple of years have seen an impressive increase in the amount of involvement that parents have in their children’s education. It’s not that parents weren’t involved before, it’s that — out of necessity — they’ve gone from being vigilant to hypervigilant. Closer attention is being paid to curricula and there is far more involvement in school board meetings. Many concerned parents have even run for school board seats, often successfully.

While the increased scrutiny and parental involvement is most definitely encouraging, it is more than likely too late to save public education in the United States. Not all education, just the ongoing, taxpayer-funded indoctrination operation that’s run by the Dept. of Education.

The list of things that are wrong with public schools in this country is too long to examine in depth in one column. Most objective observers would agree that the state of public education in this country is a hot mess right now. Those who claim otherwise are generally leftists who believe that all government is good and/or members of teachers’ unions.

It isn’t a mess that came into existence recently or quickly. The mess in public education is more like something a sociopathic hoarder would create in a house over the span of decades. Hiring a cleaning service for a day won’t tidy things up. It’s probably best to bring in a hazmat crew and, once they flee in horror, just hit the mountains of debris with a flamethrower.

The flamethrower approach may have helped the public education problem back in the 1980s, or maybe even the ’90s. We’re in sort of a “nuke it from orbit” phase now.

I wrote a short book in 2013 (which I updated in 2018) titled “Don’t Let the Hippies Shower,” which examined where it all went wrong in public education and academia in this country. Yes, it’s an irreverent, comedic take on the situation, but it was all based on some hard truths. In it, I chronicle how the leftist takeover of our education system began with the ’60s radicals, even before the Dept. of Education existed. I treat it with humor because that’s my defense mechanism. There are going to be jokes or liver damage, nothing in between.

Source:  https://pjmedia.com/columns/stephen-kruiser/2023/07/26/the-time-to-worry-about-public-education-was-decades-ago-n1713445

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: The Time to Worry About Public Education Was Decades Ago
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2023, 07:29:18 pm »
The "worrying" should have started in the 1950s - see Why Johnny Can't Read. The problem is people's tendency to remember their school days as, "not that bad," and tendency to assume things have not gotten worse since then.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: The Time to Worry About Public Education Was Decades Ago
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2023, 07:59:24 pm »
They don't even teach civics in school anymore.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.