Author Topic: Researchers cry 'fascism,' take time off to 'heal' after respondents to gender survey identify as ‘A  (Read 148 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Researchers cry 'fascism,' take time off to 'heal' after respondents to gender survey identify as ‘Apache attack helicopters’

Several students indicated various aircrafts as their gender of choice in an apparent reference to a popular meme.

One researcher experienced 'significant personal distress' as a result of managing the data and had to take time off of the project to 'heal from traumatic harm.'

Austin Browne '24 | Senior Ohio Campus Correspondent
July 25, 2023, 12:11 pm ET
Students have drawn the ire of gender researchers after submitting mocking responses to a survey.

The survey was intended to be sent to “transgender and gender nonconforming (TGNC) students in undergraduate engineering and computer science programs” and consisted of “numerical and open-ended text box questions probing students’ perceptions of gender, engineering education culture, and communities of support.”

The team of researchers, composed primarily of Oregon State University professors, sent a questionnaire link to over 3,000 “department chairs, program administrators, and faculty at accredited engineering bachelor’s degree-granting institutions.”

https://campusreform.org/article?id=23683
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson