Author Topic: First Electoral College ratings give Democrats slight advantage in 2024 election  (Read 919 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
First Electoral College ratings give Democrats slight advantage in 2024 election
by Cami Mondeaux, Congressional Reporter |
July 27, 2023 06:00 AM

Democrats have a slight advantage over Republicans when it comes to the Electoral College vote in 2024, according to the first predictions out of the nonpartisan Cook Political Report.

The initial predictions for the 2024 presidential election give Democrats 247 electoral votes compared to 235 for Republicans, putting Democrats closer to the 270-vote threshold needed to clinch the presidency. However, another 56 electoral votes are considered to be toss-ups, putting the White House in either party’s reach.

Four states are considered to be toss-ups headed into the 2024 cycle: Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Arizona, and Georgia. Those states are expected to be determined by suburban, centrists, and Latino voters, especially for those who may be first-time voters, according to the report.

However, those states may also be significantly upended by the presence of a third-party candidate should one make it on the ballot. So far, there is no major candidate running as an alternative, but the third-party No Labels group has teased a bipartisan ticket in 2024. Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia has also flirted with a possible third-party bid.

At least three states are considered to be tightly contested. That includes Michigan and Nevada, which lean Democrat, and North Carolina, which is expected to lean Republican.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/first-electoral-college-ratings-give-democrats-slight-advantage
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

@Right_in_Virginia please pick up the white courtesy phone.

This is what we've been saying all along.  Trump CANNOT POSSIBLY WIN THE GENERAL ELECTION.  I bet he gets very few donations, because people realize they are throwing their money away.

Outside of Democrats staying home like they did in 2016, the Trump would have to carry the George W. Bush 2004 states. But the demographic makeup of those states have changed. I can tell you that Trump will not carry Wisconsin in 2024 and probably not Michigan or Georgia.

I could see Pennsylvania as being a possibility due to the energy issue.  But then he would have to get past Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.

Forget any national polls. This is where the vote counts for president. We do not elect presidents by popular vote.

But the election will still be fairly close. Trump will not be defeated in a landslide.

Trump supporters have the same enthusiasm to vote for him as the left has to get out and vote against him. The difference is the left out numbers MAGA
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 01:37:01 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline cato potatoe

Four states are considered to be toss-ups headed into the 2024 cycle: Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Arizona, and Georgia.

Trump would have to flip 3 of 4 and hold onto North Carolina.  We all know Trump voters who have either died or sworn him off for 2024.  Perhaps millions of people will switch their votes due to their consternation over Hunter Biden.  Stranger things have happened I guess.

Offline libertybele

Trump would have to flip 3 of 4 and hold onto North Carolina.  We all know Trump voters who have either died or sworn him off for 2024.  Perhaps millions of people will switch their votes due to their consternation over Hunter Biden.  Stranger things have happened I guess.

There is no way Trump is going to win the general election. His supporters are so fooled by him.  He talks a good game but walks in shame.

The DEMS have the upper hand, are very adept at stealing elections and there is no way he is going to win PA, AZ, WI or GA. Doubtful that he will win FL nor IA.  You don't go around trashing governors and expect to win in that state.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

There is no way Trump is going to win the general election. His supporters are so fooled by him.  He talks a good game but walks in shame.

The DEMS have the upper hand, are very adept at stealing elections and there is no way he is going to win PA, AZ, WI or GA. Doubtful that he will win FL nor IA.  You don't go around trashing governors and expect to win in that state.

Trump will carry Florida

Iowa maybe
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline ScottinVA

If Trump is the nominee, Biden will expand his 2020 margin of victory.

Offline LMAO

If Trump is the nominee, Biden will expand his 2020 margin of victory.

What states do you think Biden would carry that he didn’t carry in 2020

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

Trump will carry Florida

Iowa maybe

Florida??  Unless he can carry Miami-Dade county who surprisingly voted heavily for DeSantis for governor, he'll lose.  He trashed a very popular governor @LMAO.  His efforts in hurricane recovery were incredible and again, trashing that governor in an area that is predominately conservative isn't going to get him the votes needed.

Iowa same thing, he trashed their governor.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

In January 2021, the GOP had a window of opportunity to cut ties with Tangerine Mussolini, but, they just couldn't bring themselves to do it.  This is what happens when a political party lacks true, strong leadership - an opportunistic grifter fills the void.

This is the moment the GOP lost the 2022 midterms and 2024 Presidential race:

Trump is the heroin that is progressively destroying the Republican party.  The sooner the GOP goes cold turkey, the sooner we can get back to winning elections.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 02:25:18 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

Florida??  Unless he can carry Miami-Dade county who surprisingly voted heavily for DeSantis for governor, he'll lose.  He trashed a very popular governor @LMAO.  His efforts in hurricane recovery were incredible and again, trashing that governor in an area that is predominately conservative isn't going to get him the votes needed.

Iowa same thing, he trashed their governor.

Trump carried Florida by a very comfortable margin in 2020. Do you really believe that Florida will vote for Joe Biden if he’s on the ballot in 2024?

I don’t believe “he’s mean to our governor” would be enough reason for Florida to flip. Iowa might be a different story, but Donald Trump is promising to buy votes with ethanol subsidies.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 02:24:30 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline cato potatoe

North Carolina is a major target for the left.  The largest counties were trending democrat, but Trump is exceptionally unpopular in the wealthy neighborhoods.  Same issue as Georgia and Virginia.

Offline Idiot

North Carolina is a major target for the left.  The largest counties were trending democrat, but Trump is exceptionally unpopular in the wealthy neighborhoods.  Same issue as Georgia and Virginia.

Looks like the blue is growing like a cancer.

Offline LMAO

Looks like the blue is growing like a cancer.

And that’s other states as well, especially since Donald Trump has come on the scene

The strategy for the Republicans, if they expect to win, is they have to not only hold onto the base, but attract enough people in the suburbs and independents

We just had a State Supreme Court race in Wi where the liberal judge tied her opponent to Donald Trump with pictures of January 6 to suggest that he was at the Capitol tearing it apart, and she walloped him

The same strategy was used in the mayoral race in Green Bay. Post Donald Trump, the GOP has a lot of work ahead of them. One of the worries is that the GOP will then want to drift back to the Bush era style of republican. And they tried that in 2016 when in early polls, Jeb Bush was trouncing his political opponents in the Republican primary.

IMO, had the Republican Party not attempted to foist Jeb on Republican primary voters, Trump’s campaign would probably have fizzled out
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 02:31:41 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
bele wrote:
"Iowa same thing, he trashed their governor."

Where ya been?
Since then, Trump's level of support in Iowa has gone UP, from what I've seen in the polls.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia please pick up the white courtesy phone.

This is what we've been saying all along.  Trump CANNOT POSSIBLY WIN THE GENERAL ELECTION. 

I bet he gets very few donations, because people realize they are throwing their money away.

Hope you're not betting the farm.  Trump's donations are a grassroots movement from living, breathing voters -----

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Hope you're not betting the farm.  Trump's donations are a grassroots movement from living, breathing voters -----
—who couldn't pass a basic civics exam.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

—who couldn't pass a basic civics exam.

Did you mean to insult 75 million voters @jmyrlefuller ?

InteractivePolls
@IAPolls2022

Ohio 2024: Trump holds 52-point lead for Republican Nomination

• Trump — 64% (+52)
• Ramaswamy — 12%
• DeSantis — 9%
• Pence — 6%
• Haley — 3%
• Christie — 2%
• Hutchinson — 1%

With Trump on the ticket, OH is deep red and not a swing state. With DeSantis on the ticket, OH becomes a swing state.

PRES:
(R) Trump: 49% (+10)
(D) Biden: 39%
(R) Desantis: 41% (+2)
(D) Biden: 39%

Ohio Northern University | 7/17-26
https://t.co/sn585Hp39P

10:11 AM · Jul 28, 2023

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Did you mean to insult 75 million voters @jmyrlefuller ?
Just the 14 million who voted in the primaries.

But yeah... Fuller's rule of life #2, to borrow from Mencken... never underestimate the stupidity of the American people.

And yes, there are a LOT of stupid people in this country, and they VOTE.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Kamaji

Just the 14 million who voted in the primaries.

But yeah... Fuller's rule of life #2, to borrow from Mencken... never underestimate the stupidity of the American people.

And yes, there are a LOT of stupid people in this country, and they VOTE.

:thumbsup:

Offline LMAO

We may lose the House also next year. Boebert seat, for example, will flip

The bright spot will be the Senate so maybe we’ll at least get enough gridlock in DC in 2025

Barry Goldwater