Author Topic: Live Thread: Hunter Biden set to plead guilty to tax charges — as lawyer tries to pull dirty trick a  (Read 2962 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Hunter Biden pleads not guilty to tax, gun charges as judge rips up two versions of sweetheart plea deal

First son Hunter Biden pleaded not guilty to federal tax and gun charges Wednesday, a dramatic about-face after his wrist-slap, probation-only plea deal fell apart Wednesday over his demand for blanket immunity from accountability for all criminal conduct — including alleged illegal foreign lobbying.

Biden’s wrist-slap, probation-only plea deal on tax and gun charges fell apart Wednesday over his demand for blanket immunity from accountability for all criminal conduct — with prosecutors balking and saying he could still face other charges, including for illegal foreign lobbying.

The stunning turn of events came more than 90 minutes into the hearing at the federal courthouse in Wilmington, Del., where Hunter was expected to plead guilty to two misdemeanor counts of willful failure to pay taxes and enter a diversion program on a felony federal weapons charge.

Prosecutors admitted under questioning from US District Judge Maryellen Noreika that President Biden’s 53-year-old son still could be charged with offenses including failing to register as a foreign agent for lucrative dealings in countries such as China and Ukraine that allegedly involved his father.

“As far as I’m concerned, the plea agreement is null and void,” defense attorney Chris Clark reportedly told the court in response a little before noon.

Both sides then tried to move forward with a revised plea deal that specified Hunter would face no additional charges linked to tax crimes from 2014 to 2019 — or any counts involving his drug use and associated gun ownership crimes. However, Noreika indicated that agreement was unacceptable as well, leading the first son to change his plea

However, it was far from clear whether Noreika would accept the revised agreement.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/07/26/hunter-biden-arrives-at-court-accompanied-by-sugar-brother-kevin-morris/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 :silly: :silly: :silly:

KJP brushes off questions about Hunter's disastrous day in court

« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 05:32:43 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I will love seeing the smirk wiped off Hunter's face...
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

In listening to the new -- no plea was granted.

Hunter Biden pleads 'not guilty as plea deal falls apart during Delaware court appearance

Hunter Biden's plea deal fell apart during his first court appearance Wednesday morning and pleaded "not guilty" as federal prosecutors confirmed the president's son is still under federal investigation.

The president's son was expected to plead guilty to two misdemeanor tax counts of willful failure to pay federal income tax, as part of plea deal to avoid jail time on a felony gun charge.

But Judge Maryellen Noreika did not accept the plea agreement, questioning the constitutionality--specifically the diversion clause and the immunity Hunter Biden would receive.

The judge pressed federal prosecutors on the investigation and questioned whether there was the possibility for future charges, and asked prosecutors if Hunter Biden was currently under active investigation. Prosecutors said he was, but would not answer specifically what the president's son is under investigation for.  .............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hunter-biden-plea-deal-appears-fall-apart-first-court-appearance
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 05:33:53 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Hunter's Lawyer looks like he needs a big, long bong hit.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mollie
@MZHemingway
·
11m
Remember when corporate media and other Democrat activists tried to sell this Hunter Biden plea deal as evidence that our Department of Justice isn’t corrupt? LOL
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

:yowsa:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Idiot

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline Kamaji

My guess is that if they had not tried to pull those last-minute shenanigans with getting the amicus brief from the republicans taken out, the judge would probably have accepted some form of this plea agreement.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Brandon Straka
@BrandonStraka
BREAKING: Hunter Biden’s attorneys today accused of intentionally misrepresenting themselves to a court clerk while requesting documents be removed from public docket.

Judge considering sanctions on Biden’s attorneys:

“It appears that the caller misrepresented her identity and who she worked for in an attempt to improperly convince the Clerk’s Office to remove the amicus materials from the docket,” Judge Noreika wrote.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I'm sure Hunter does too...probably arranging another crack drop-off at the WH as we speak..
Support the USO

Offline cato potatoe

Marina Medvin 🇺🇸
@MarinaMedvin
President Biden has pardon power over all federal charges. I fully expect Joe Biden to pardon Hunter on anything and everything the feds can or will charge against him. The pardon power is broad and can be used on current and future charges as long as you know which ones... and in this case, dad will know from his son which charges he should be pardoned on.

On the way out the door, maybe?  Any interference that obvious would stink to high heavens, and the vultures are already circling Biden.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Guess they shouldn't have tried to get away with those dirty tricks with the judge.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 05:54:52 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sol Wisenberg
@WisenbergSol
This just in: The judge won't accept the proposed plea deal at least for now.
Some thoughts: Now we know why DOJ didn’t show us the plea agreement terms. What didn't they want us to know ahead of time? A) a global immunity deal for Hunter; B) A binding plea (that is, the judge must accept the specific terms if she accepts the agreement); C) Misdemeanor probation; D) Other unusual plea terms.
1. A global immunity deal for Hunter while the overall investigation is “ongoing”, is stunning—a super-sweetheart deal.
2. A binding plea is extremely unusual in the vast majority of federal jurisdictions. It means for example, that if the agreement calls for probation the judge must give Hunter probation. It is binding.
3. That the prosecution and defense would disagree about the terms of the agreement in open court is a joke.  Ambiguous terms in a plea agreements are construed against the government! There should be no room for disagreement on the key terms of the agreement. So, this was either astounding incompetence or corruption on DOJ’s part. I think it is corruption. This looks like a wink and a nod deal (as @shipwreckedcrew
 has noted) where DOJ would have plausible deniability if the judge asked no questions and accepted the deal. The scope of immunity is the most important feature of a plea deal. It is inconceivable that the prosecutors were incompetent here. Leo Wise has an excellent reputation for competence.
4. Think about this. DOJ was about to sanction a plea deal where Hunter would get misdemeanor     probation on serious tax charges plus pretrial diversion (no time served or criminal record) on the felony gun charge. Hunter would also get complete immunity on all other charges. And he would not have to cooperate with the government’s ongoing investigation. Totally disgraceful. Merrick Garland and David Weiss should be ashamed. And where is Lisa Monaco? Why hasn't she been called to testify?
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
Nick Sortor
@nicksortor
🚨 BREAKING UPDATE: Before Hunter Biden's plea deal collapsed, Federal Judge Maryellen Noreika asked the case's top prosecutor if the deal meant Hunter would be IMMUNE from prosecution for other possible crimes—including those related to representing foreign governments.

The prosecutor said NO, then one of Hunter's attorneys jumped up and said "then there's no deal!"

Reporters present in the courtroom have said the judge seemed highly skeptical of the "unusual deal" from the get-go, as it offered Hunter Biden BROAD immunity from prosecution in perpetuity.

The judge questioned why it was filed under a provision that gave her no legal authority to reject it. She then asked Leo Wise, the top prosecutor, if there was any precedent for that kind of deal being proposed.

He replied, "No, your honor."

WAS THE BIDEN DOJ TRYING TO PUSH AN "UNDER THE TABLE" DEAL

"From the start, the judge seemed highly skeptical of the unusual deal — which offered Hunter Biden broad immunity from prosecution in perpetuity, questioning why it had been filed under a provision that gave her no legal authority to reject it. When she asked Leo Wise, a prosecutor, if there was any precedent for the kind of deal being proposed, he replied, 'No, your honor.'”
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Guess they shouldn't have tried to get away with those dirty tricks with the judge.

I am skeptical.  The judge is giving them several days to lay out terms of a plea deal.  I am wondering if this is just for show to try to make the public believe that Hunter is not going to be treated any differently because he's the presidents son. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

They thought the fix was in but THEY F'd it up!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

The judge apologized!

The judge apologized to Hunter Biden near the end of the hearing.

"Mr. Biden, I know you want to get this over with, and I’m sorry," Noreika said. "But I need to get more information to do Justice as I’m required to do."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hunter-biden-plea-deal-appears-fall-apart-first-court-appearance

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I am skeptical.  The judge is giving them several days to lay out terms of a plea deal.  I am wondering if this is just for show to try to make the public believe that Hunter is not going to be treated any differently because he's the presidents son.

Joe Biden is going to have to pardon Hunter eventually but cannot do that yet because he doesn't yet know all the charges @libertybele

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

The judge apologized!

The judge apologized to Hunter Biden near the end of the hearing.

"Mr. Biden, I know you want to get this over with, and I’m sorry," Noreika said. "But I need to get more information to do Justice as I’m required to do."

The judge was being a nice person; that is an honorable thing for her to do.

Offline Kamaji

I highly doubt that.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Dang Trump appointed judges!  lololololololol

And she is a Democrat to boot!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

OK, STOOOOOOOOOOOOPID question ... does anyone believe that the prosecution team that tried to push through this corrupt plea deal will actually prosecute Hunter, vigorously, and not take dives at every turn in the proceedings?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.