Author Topic: Models wrong again: Looks like climate change is making rainfall *less* intense globally  (Read 233 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Models wrong again: Looks like climate change is making rainfall *less* intense globally
By Joanne Nova |July 21st, 2023|190 Comments

Despite twenty years of media stories telling us how every rain-bomb was “climate change”, a new satellite study of rainfall suggests that during the last 20 years, the intensity of rainfall has mysteriously declined a little in most places. This is despite predictions it would increase, and CO2 itself rising by 41ppm globally during the same period.  In terms of total emissions released by humans since the stone age, it’s been a bonanza — in this 20-year period, we emitted 38% of all the emissions we ever emitted.

So humans put out 656,000 Mt of CO2, and there’s been either a decline or no trend at all in rainfall intensity.

Is 38% of all human CO2 emissions enough of a test? The satellites cover all the Earth, including the oceans, which the met bureau gauges don’t.

Thanks to Kenneth Richards at NoTricksZone for finding this paper:

New Study: 21st Century Precipitation Trends Have Become Less Intense Globally

https://www.cfact.org/2023/07/21/models-wrong-again-looks-like-climate-change-is-making-rainfall-less-intense-globally/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson