Author Topic: Ron DeSantis cuts more than three dozen staff from struggling campaign  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Kamaji

Ron DeSantis cuts more than three dozen staff from struggling campaign

By Jesse O’Neill
July 25, 2023

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has slashed more than a third of his campaign staff as his bid for the Republican presidential nomination struggles to gain traction with voters.

The layoffs amounted to 38 jobs cut across multiple departments and came under two weeks after the 44-year-old reportedly axed about a dozen other workers.

The campaign confirmed the shakeup, which was first reported by Politico Tuesday.

“Following a top-to-bottom review of our organization, we have taken additional, aggressive steps to streamline operations and put Ron DeSantis in the strongest position to win this primary and defeat Joe Biden,” DeSantis campaign manager Generra Peck said in a statement.

“Governor DeSantis is going to lead the Great American Comeback and we’re ready to hit the ground running as we head into an important month of the campaign.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/25/desantis-cuts-38-staffers-from-flailing-campaign/

Offline Kamaji

That's a shame, because it means it's that much more likely that we will be saddled with the Orange Albatross in 2024, and that one of the most corrupt presidents this country has had in living memory, if not longer, will go on to a second term.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ron you let Trump and the press define you, you waited too long to fight back...remember that old saying *Nice guys finish last*...grow a pair and go after Trump...jmo
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Ron you let Trump and the press define you, you waited too long to fight back...remember that old saying *Nice guys finish last*...grow a pair and go after Trump...jmo

Well, in light of everything that is happening, I believe you are correct.  I still think he should have waited till the very last minute to run.  He's going to have to fight for every single vote and ward off the Trump smear campaign at the same time.

It's really a shame.  Another true conservative pummeled by Trump.  Trump probably isn't going to be the nominee and if he is, he won't win the general.

I don't think we as a country are going to make it till '28.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline cato potatoe

Won't matter.  The rural/elderly GOP are engrossed by a traveling miracle salve huckster.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

DeSantis' wife needs to take the campaign's reigns.

Poltical mercenaries for hire won't get the job done.  They'll just leech off his campaign's treasury.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Go after Trump for what?  Most policies Ron has are plagerized from Trump --- supported by hours of video of Ron praising Trump for all he's accomplished.   The only option Ron has is to side with Biden and support the government's lawfare targeting Trump ----- which will guarantee Ron finishes in the single digits.

Ron should have thought this through.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 09:53:52 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

DeSantis' wife needs to take the campaign's reigns.

She's always had them and still does.

Offline corbe

Way too early for this negativity surrounding the DeSantis campaign.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

"Fox News' John Roberts: If you're a candidate, you've got to be looking at this saying, "God, no matter what happens to Donald Trump, he just keeps getting stronger. Maybe, we should save our powder and you know, come back at this in 2028.". (Video)

https://twitter.com/TeamTrump/status/1683931711946596352

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Go after Trump for what?  Most policies Ron has are plagerized from Trump --- supported by hours of video of Ron praising Trump for all he's accomplished.   The only option Ron has is to side with Biden and support the government's lawfare targeting Trump ----- which will guarantee Ron finishes in the single digits.

Ron should have thought this through.

BWAHAHAHAHA! Trump's 'policies' are retread stiff he didn't get done the last time because he thought he could get by with the low hanging fruit and use that as his marketing ploy.

And he talked down fighting the woke till he realized woke was cool and their was no risk of political capital.

Bottom line is he did almost nothing to stop the DC cesspool, and if anything enlarged it with his asleep at the wheel stance on COVID.

When the chips are down Trump can't pull the trigger. RDS can and has. Four more years of Trump is four more years on the hamster wheel.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot

Yep, he sure did.  And he surrounded himself with too much expensive dead wood from past GOP campaigns and followed their bad advice.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline LMAO

And he surrounded himself with too much expensive dead wood from past GOP campaigns and followed their bad advice.

Yup.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

I can’t see how any other candidate will overcome Donald Trump’s lead in the GOP primary

And, if it starts to look like he slips behind during the primary season, leftist groups will repeat their strategy that they did in 2022 in the open primaries to make sure Trump is the nominee
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 01:49:56 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Right back at ya.  88devil

Morning Consult
@MorningConsult

NEW: Tracking the 2024 GOP Primary:

Trump: 59%
DeSantis: 16%
Ramaswamy: 8%
Pence: 6%
Haley: 4%
Scott: 2%
Christie: 2%
Burgum: 1%
Hutchinson: 0%
Suarez: 0%
Hurd: 0%
Someone Else: 1%

*July 21-23, 2023

We survey thousands of GOP primary voters every day: https://t.co/zpObC29Slh

7:31 AM · Jul 25, 2023

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Right back at ya.  88devil

That's perfect PomPoms, keep up that overconfidence.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

They’re confident because they know the left will also help them put Donald Trump over the top in the Republican primary, where they can

Barry Goldwater

How's this for overconfidence.  pointing-down

https://twitter.com/MAGAIncWarRoom/status/1683898472469000193

Offline Hoodat

I can’t see how any other candidate will overcome Donald Trump’s lead in the GOP primary

July 2015

Jeb Bush  - 19%
Trump     - 12%
Huckabee  -  8%
Carson    -  7%
Paul      -  7%
Rubio     -  6%
Walker    -  6%
Perry     -  4%
Christie  -  3%
Cruz      -  3%
Santorum  -  3%
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

July 2015

Jeb Bush  - 19%
Trump     - 12%
Huckabee  -  8%
Carson    -  7%
Paul      -  7%
Rubio     -  6%
Walker    -  6%
Perry     -  4%
Christie  -  3%
Cruz      -  3%
Santorum  -  3%

I’ll do you one better

Here’s from August 2007 between Hillary and Obama

https://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/07/gallup.poll/index.html

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- New York Sen. Hillary Clinton has notably widened her lead over her closest competitor in the 2008 Democratic presidential race, Illinois Sen. Barack Obama, according to a new national USA Today/Gallup Poll released Monday night.

The survey, following a high-profile spat between the two candidates over who is better suited to handle foreign policy, shows Clinton at 48 percent -- a 22-point lead over Obama. Clinton's support is up 8 percentage points from a similar poll conducted three weeks ago, while Obama, at 26 percent, is down 2 percentage points. Former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards stands at 12 percent.

So at this time in 2007, the two candidates that would have faced off in 2008 would have been Hillary and Rudy

The problem we have this time in the GOP primary is left-wing groups repeating the same tactic from 2022 to help ensure that Donald Trump is the nominee
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 03:08:05 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

That's the idea.

Offline Kamaji

BWAHAHAHAHA! Trump's 'policies' are retread stiff he didn't get done the last time because he thought he could get by with the low hanging fruit and use that as his marketing ploy.

And he talked down fighting the woke till he realized woke was cool and their was no risk of political capital.

Bottom line is he did almost nothing to stop the DC cesspool, and if anything enlarged it with his asleep at the wheel stance on COVID.

When the chips are down Trump can't pull the trigger. RDS can and has. Four more years of Trump is four more years on the hamster wheel.

:thumbsup:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

To beat Trump, DeSantis campaign will need to be more manic and frenetic than Trump, the person.
Tora! Tora! Tora! - Always on Offense

For the GOP Primaries, the DeSantis Campaign can ignore, redirect, and deflect the lamestream liberal media ... GOP primary voters aren't drinking MSNBC's Kool-Aid.

Reason, logic, moral highground, etc., means nothing.  It's all energy at this phase.

Bush Admin leftovers are exactly the wrong people to run a GOP Primary campaign.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.