Author Topic: This type of red wine could stop skin aging in its tracks, experts say  (Read 386 times)

Offline Kamaji

This type of red wine could stop skin aging in its tracks, experts say

By Brooke Steinberg
July 25, 2023

No need to wine about aging skin.

A new study found that a specific and unusual type of red wine can make a person’s skin look younger.

Researchers at the University of Florida found that women who drank two glasses of nonalcoholic muscadine wine daily had greater elasticity and water retention in their skin than those who consumed a placebo.

“We used dealcoholized muscadine wine because we were interested in the effect of the bioactive compounds in wine, specifically the polyphenols, on skin health,” said Lindsey Christman, Ph.D., who conducted the research with Liwei Gu, Ph.D., professor of food chemistry at UF, in a media release.

A loss of elasticity is what causes the skin to begin to sag in the aging process, while water retention helps to provide a barrier against damage.

The study is the first to determine the way nonalcoholic wine consumption can affect skin health in a randomized clinical trial.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/25/this-type-of-red-wine-could-stop-skin-aging-in-its-tracks-experts-say/

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
That sure is a shame to dealcoholize red wines. Back when my first son was going to Catholic school, they schooled him too much on the evils of alcohol. So I changed from drinking beer to red wine all for my health, you know.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
That sure is a shame to dealcoholize red wines. Back when my first son was going to Catholic school, they schooled him too much on the evils of alcohol. So I changed from drinking beer to red wine all for my health, you know.
:pondering:Seems odd when so many priests are drunks.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
:pondering:Seems odd when so many priests are drunks.

It was nuns and hired teachers that taught the students. It got to where they couldn't hang on to teachers. We pulled my son out after the year he had 4 different teachers before the semester was over.

Offline mountaineer

nonalcoholic muscadine wine
So - grape juice?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

So - grape juice?

No.  Wine with the alcohol removed. In addition to producing alcohol, fermentation makes other changes to the source juice so that even with the alcohol removed, it’s not the same as fruit juice.