Author Topic: Get serious about data, US intelligence leaders tell agencies  (Read 195 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Get serious about data, US intelligence leaders tell agencies
ODNI’s new three-year plan aims to turn data-gathering from afterthought to key asset.
LAUREN C. WILLIAMS | JULY 18, 2023
INTELLIGENCE AI & AUTONOMY

It’s time to get serious about data—how it’s collected, curated, and capitalized upon by humans and machines—lest the country lose its intelligence edge, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence says in its new three-year data strategy.

“To date, we have not significantly prioritized data as a strategic and operational [intelligence community] asset. The central challenge remains that the IC is not fielding data, analytics, and artificial intelligence (AI)-enabled capabilities at the pace and scale required to preserve our decision and intelligence advantage,” the document said.

To fix that, the IC wants to fine-tune the “data flow lifecycle from collection and acquisition, to transporting, ingesting, curating, exploiting, disseminating, and disposing of IC data.”

The strategy outlines four main goals: improve data management, ensure data is human and AI-ready with new services and tools, directly work with the private sector and academia, and develop intelligence officers who are fluent in how data works.

https://www.defenseone.com/defense-systems/2023/07/get-serious-about-data-us-intelligence-leaders-tell-agencies/388606/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Get serious about data, US intelligence leaders tell agencies
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 05:45:36 pm »
:facepalm2: