Author Topic: UFO sightings linked to military training locations, report finds  (Read 139 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
UFO sightings linked to military training locations, report finds
By Zamone Perez
 Jul 25, 10:10 AM

Recent reports suggest public accounts of unidentified anomalous phenomena — more commonly called UFOs — were more likely to emerge when civilians were located within 18 miles of a military operations area.

Using publicly available data from the National UFO Reporting Center, researchers from the RAND Corporation found there was a consistent correlation between areas of military operations and public reports of UAP sightings, a RAND researcher said.

“There’s a lot of threats in the sky,” Marek Posard, a social scientist at RAND and author of the report, told Military Times. “Our airspace is massive. We want to leverage public reporting, but we don’t want people reporting our own stuff. And I don’t think a lot of people realize that they are either living under, working under or traveling under these [military operation areas].”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2023/07/25/ufo-sightings-linked-to-military-training-locations-report-finds/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson