Author Topic: Ron DeSantis unhurt after car accident en route to Tennessee event  (Read 1753 times)

Online LMAO

Re: Ron DeSantis unhurt after car accident en route to Tennessee event
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2023, 12:01:55 pm »
This just illustrates a stunning degree of ignorance .  **nononono*

Well, will have to see what happens as time goes on. Again, Trump is afforded the assumption of innocence. It’s up to those bringing the indictment to prove that the indictment has merit. I don’t care if it’s Trump, Hillary, Biden, etc. etc..

We all get to enjoy the assumption of innocence until proven guilty.
But I will say it again. If all this was being done to Hillary Clinton, I have no doubt you would be pumping your fist in the air cheering. You are consistently inconsistent.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 12:05:15 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2023, 12:06:50 pm »
Says the poster reduced to calling others fascists and totalitarian for simply disagreeing

This should not be too difficult for you to understand:  If someone accepts using federalized lawfare to remove a political opponent, he or she is a closet Totalitarian/Fascist masquerading as a Republican/Conservative.

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2023, 12:08:13 pm »
Well, will have to see what happens as time goes on. Again, Trump is afforded the assumption of innocence.

Clueless.   888mouth

Online LMAO

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2023, 12:08:52 pm »
This should not be too difficult for you to understand:  If someone accepts using federalized lawfare to remove a political opponent, he or she is a closet Totalitarian/Fascist masquerading as a Republican/Conservative.

Some advice:

If you’re reduced to calling other posters names, at least know the meaning of the terms you’re using

You’d be better off just using terms like “orange, rich, and rude”
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 12:12:25 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Kamaji

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2023, 12:13:44 pm »

Boo-hoo-hoo, Trumpie didn't do anything he's accused of.  Boo-hoo-hoo.

Trump has done a lot of highly questionable things, and he is responsible for putting himself in jeopardy.  This is what comes from acting before one thinks, a specialty of Trump's.

Whether he is in fact guilty or not remains to be seen - that is what public trials before a jury of one's peers is for.

But if a jury doesn't buy it, what then?  Will you accept the result, or not?

My vote's on "not".

Online LMAO

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2023, 12:17:12 pm »
Boo-hoo-hoo, Trumpie didn't do anything he's accused of.  Boo-hoo-hoo.

Trump has done a lot of highly questionable things, and he is responsible for putting himself in jeopardy.  This is what comes from acting before one thinks, a specialty of Trump's.

Whether he is in fact guilty or not remains to be seen - that is what public trials before a jury of one's peers is for.

But if a jury doesn't buy it, what then?  Will you accept the result, or not?

My vote's on "not".

My vote is not, also. They’ll make up some excuse

Whether these charges have any merit time will tell. Trump has credibility issues but so does the DOJ  bring the charges.

Trump also has the talent of making his situation much worse. For example, we would be rightly outraged if, while an investigation was being conducted on him, Biden hinted that if he were to be convicted, his supporters have enough passion for him that any conviction would be dangerous
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 12:27:38 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Kamaji

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2023, 12:23:53 pm »
My vote is not, also. They’ll make up some excuse

Whether these charges have any merit time will tell. Trump has credibility issues but so does the DOJ  bring the charges.

Very true.

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2023, 12:26:31 pm »
Some advice:

If you’re reduced to calling other posters names, at least know the meaning of the terms you’re using

I'm not reduced in any way and I'm not calling anyone a "name".  I am simply pointing out a political truth.  I suggest you invest in a dictionary.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 12:27:33 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online LMAO

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2023, 12:28:23 pm »
I'm not reduced in any way and I'm not calling anyone a "name".  I am simply pointing out a political truth.  I suggest you invest in a dictionary.

You’re using loaded terms that you don’t know the meaning of in order to boost your failing argument

This is very similar to what the left does

I’m confident in my assertion that nobody here supports fascism or any form of totalitarianism just because they don’t see eye to eye with you
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 12:37:03 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Kamaji

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2023, 12:31:14 pm »
You’re using loaded terms that you don’t know the meaning of in order to boost your failing argument

This is very similar to what the left does

:thumbsup:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2023, 12:51:15 pm »
If you prefer Totalitarian, I can be convinced.  Or are you saying those rooting for escalating, federalized lawfare to remove a political opponent is another one of your special conservative principles @roamer_1 ?

@Right_in_Virginia

So you DON'T know what it means...  :whistle:

As to 'escalating federalized lawfare', my position is well defined.

I am on the books saying Tumpy will be convicted, but will eventually beat the charges on appeal.
And when he beats the charges on appeal, so much for 'federalized lawfare'.

Offline corbe

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2023, 01:18:29 pm »
   Slightly off topic.

The rude orange rich dude is devoid of any character AND has a huge credibility problem.  Just as his mentor denied having sex with that Woman~Ms. Lewinski, Trump denied having sex with Stormy and Karen and paying each of them >$130K to shut up.   

Trumpers are a classic cult of personality no different than dems.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online LMAO

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2023, 01:56:44 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

So you DON'T know what it means...  :whistle:

As to 'escalating federalized lawfare', my position is well defined.

I am on the books saying Tumpy will be convicted, but will eventually beat the charges on appeal.
And when he beats the charges on appeal, so much for 'federalized lawfare'.

The left were constantly using terms like fascism(and racism, white supremacy)against Donald Trump and anybody who did not share their worldview and it was just as tiresome as a particular poster here doing it

Guilty or innocent for Trump should only be based on irrefutable evidence that must be brought forth by those bringing the charges. That’s it.

Unfortunately, in our highly politically charged country, too many think that guilt or innocence should be determined on whether or not they support or oppose him

What do you think, for example, the commentators at MSNBC think of these charges against Trump? What do you think their opinion is on the investigations into Joe Biden and his issues?

« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 02:12:42 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2023, 02:43:04 pm »
The left were constantly using terms like fascism(and racism, white supremacy)against Donald Trump and anybody who did not share their worldview and it was just as tiresome as a particular poster here doing it

That's right... Tactically lowering themselves to liberal strategies... Not knowing that old axiom (or anything else historical) not to wrestle with a pig...

Guilty or innocent for Trump should only be based on irrefutable evidence that must be brought forth by those bringing the charges. That’s it.

Unfortunately, in our highly politically charged country, too many think that guilt or innocence should be determined on whether or not they support or oppose him

What do you think, for example, the commentators at MSNBC think of these charges against Trump? What do you think their opinion is on the investigations into Joe Biden and his issues?

That's why I don't consider myself to be all that political. Tribalism is crap. And that's what politics has become.

Online LMAO

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2023, 06:31:14 pm »

That's why I don't consider myself to be all that political. Tribalism is crap. And that's what politics has become.

I’m related to a couple of leftist and it’s a lesson to watch them excuse and dismiss Biden’s troubles but had no issue of latching onto every accusation that came Trump’s way without pause as Gospel

Is, for example, MTG going after Biden because of a deeply held belief in the rule of law or because he’s of the opposition party? It’s the latter but that doesn’t necessarily mean her claims are without merit. Which is why I agree with a full independent investigation into Biden’s activities as there does appear to be a “there,there.” Because of political tribalism, Democrats will fight this even though I suspect they know Biden and his spawn got a problem

The GOP defended Nixon until they could no longer

But compounding the issue, whether it’s Trump’s legal problems or Biden’s, is a thoroughly corrupt DOJ and FBI with the likes of the comprised and corrupt Garland as Attorney General
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 06:45:48 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2023, 06:50:08 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

As to 'escalating federalized lawfare', my position is well defined.  I am on the books saying Tumpy will be convicted, but will eventually beat the charges on appeal.  And when he beats the charges on appeal, so much for 'federalized lawfare'.

Running to your prognostications about "beating" the charges on appeal shields you from answering the essential question:  What do you think about using the DOJ, FBI and Federal government to bring fraudulent charges with the threat of prison against a political opponent?

@roamer_1

Online roamer_1

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2023, 08:11:03 pm »
Running to your prognostications about "beating" the charges on appeal shields you from answering the essential question:  What do you think about using the DOJ, FBI and Federal government to bring fraudulent charges with the threat of prison against a political opponent?

@roamer_1

@Right_in_Virginia
Already asked and answered, over and over. I have never avoided the question. In fact, I gave yu other examples to ponder. It is abhorrent.  But what fixes 'lawfare' is law.And if it is self-correcting at some point then it is not lawfare - Then it is wrong-doers trying to get away with 'lawfare' and not getting it done.

Whether you like it or not it is going to play out in the courts, not in the media, and certainly not on the political stump.

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2023, 08:38:28 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

But what fixes 'lawfare' is law.And if it is self-correcting at some point then it is not lawfare - Then it is wrong-doers trying to get away with 'lawfare' and not getting it done.

Lawfare is never "self-correcting", it is self-perpetuating and ultimately becomes the only law.    Just ask Stalin.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2023, 09:23:35 pm »

Lawfare is never "self-correcting", it is self-perpetuating and ultimately becomes the only law.    Just ask Stalin.

Incorrect.

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2023, 08:34:36 pm »
While Desantis had a new law passed by his cowardly sycophants in the legislature to hide his corrupt use of state resources for his campaign, we now know only because of his car accident that he was using FL state vehicles while campaigning in TN. https://t.co/YGlVvAiNzM— Ron Filipkowski (@RonFilipkowski) July 28, 2023

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2023, 11:15:41 pm »
If you prefer Totalitarian, I can be convinced.  Or are you saying those rooting for escalating, federalized lawfare to remove a political opponent is another one of your special conservative principles @roamer_1 ?
Your guy was president in March 2020, @Right_in_Virginia (hey! I'm pinging you just the way you like). Don't even start with anyone on totalitarianism.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2023, 12:44:36 am »
Your guy was president in March 2020, @Right_in_Virginia (hey! I'm pinging you just the way you like). Don't even start with anyone on totalitarianism.

Invest in an English dictionary @jmyrlefuller   

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2023, 12:50:25 pm »
Invest in an English dictionary @jmyrlefuller   
My ancestors wrote the English dictionary, @Right_in_Virginia
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024