Author Topic: A Majority of EB-5 Applications Being Rejected by DHS  (Read 149 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A Majority of EB-5 Applications Being Rejected by DHS
« on: July 25, 2023, 01:08:17 pm »
A Majority of EB-5 Applications Being Rejected by DHS

By David North on July 25, 2023
If a majority of diners at a restaurant, night after night, reported food poisoning, the health department would soon close it down.

Similarly, if an auto plant were to have a majority of its cars fail to operate, management would either close the factory or re-tool it in a major way.

But there are different standards for government programs, particularly those that benefit the well-connected, and the EB-5 (immigrant investor) program keeps rolling along despite the fact that a majority (53%) of its applications were rejected by the Department of Homeland Security in the 21 months spanning July 1, 2021, to March 31, 2023.

The information comes from an industry source, the webpages of IIUSA, a data set that I should have been following, but had not. That source presumably is using government data.

https://cis.org/North/Majority-EB5-Applications-Being-Rejected-DHS
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson