Author Topic: Alarmist Media Push “Opinion Survey” as Basis for CA Climate Policy vs Using Energy & Science Data  (Read 214 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Alarmist Media Push “Opinion Survey” as Basis for CA Climate Policy vs Using Energy & Science Data
20 hours ago Guest Blogger 29 Comments
Guest essay by Larry Hamlin

The Southern California News Group (SCNG) conglomerate published a ridiculous article (shown below) hyping the results of a public opinion survey that clueless climate alarmist media are trying to use to justify California’s flawed, ineffective and costly climate and energy laws and regulations. This absurd article notes:

“In the wake of a historically wet winter, the survey shows Californians are a bit less concerned about water supply issues and drought than they were last year. However, the whiplash of weather extremes in recent years has left residents worried about a spike in related events, such as wildfires, floods, and heat waves.

Nearly half of Californians — and more than half of Inland Empire residents — said they’ve been affected by such an event in the past two years. That’s compared with one in three adults nationwide who in March told Gallup pollsters that they’d been impacted by extreme weather. The PPIC poll also shows that nearly three-quarters of all Californians link such events to climate change.

As a result, more than six in 10 residents told the PPIC that they believe the state’s stricter environmental laws and regulations are worth the cost, even if the rules put jobs or economic growth at risk.”

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/07/24/alarmist-media-push-opinion-survey-as-basis-for-ca-climate-policy-vs-using-energy-science-data/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson