Author Topic: Lowe’s worker axed after getting black eye trying to stop thieves  (Read 639 times)

Offline Kamaji

Lowe’s worker axed after getting black eye trying to stop thieves

By Alyssa Guzman   
July 22, 2023

A Georgia Lowe’s employee attempted to stop shoplifters making off with $2,100 amount of merchandise, leaving her unemployed and with a black eye.

Donna Hansbrough, 68, saw three people loading up a shopping cart at a store in Rincon, about 30 minutes north of Savannah, and then leave without stopping to pay, police said.

The veteran employee then grabbed onto the cart allegedly being pushed by Takyah Berry — who slugged the older woman in the face three times, according to authorities.

Berry, who was with her uncle, Joseph Berry and another man police identified as Jarmar Lawton, then made off with the goods, the Rincon Police Department said in a news release.

Hansbrough was then canned from her job of 13 years for violating company policy by interfering with the crooks, according to a report.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/22/lowes-worker-gets-black-eye-loses-job-trying-to-stop-thieves/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Lowe’s worker axed after getting black eye trying to stop thieves
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2023, 02:41:15 am »
Kinda makes ME want to punch a Lowe's manager in the face,not to mention a couple of "bruthas" so brave they punch out a 68 year old white woman.

I'd kinda like to see if they would be interested in punching ME out. I'm old,and mostly white.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2023, 03:06:33 am »
Because she was assaulted they may actually get jail time, I would shake her hand.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2023, 03:12:31 am »
No good deed goes unpunished.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline American Girl

They're going to get their reparations one way or another.
How dare that little old lady use her face to assault the fists of those three young black victims!

https://conservativeus.com/photos-elderly-lowes-worker-axed-after-getting-repeatedly-punched-in-the-face-trying-to-stop-thieves/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Remember 20 years ago working for Walmart, even if someone pulled a gun on you to shoot you, you couldn't defend yourself. You were expected to die for corporate policy and your job.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Well what is their policy? A lot of stores want you to report it to the authorities or security only, and for good reason.

Still sucks though :(.

Online Hoodat

The veteran employee then grabbed onto the cart allegedly being pushed by Takyah Berry — who slugged the older woman in the face three times, according to authorities.

Berry, who was with her uncle, Joseph Berry, and another man police identified as Jarmar Lawton, then made off with the goods, the Rincon Police Department said in a news release.

Hansbrough was ultimately fired after 13 years on the job for violating company policy.

Ah, so this explains why I am now paying higher prices at Lowe's for everything.  Lowe's company policy is to provide self-serve merchandise to thieves for free and then require people like me to make up the difference through higher prices.  And in the event that one of their employees stands up for their paying customers, that person loses their job.

She can still make a workman's comp claim to cover medical expenses.  But that's about all she can get.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Ah, so this explains why I am now paying higher prices at Lowe's for everything.  Lowe's company policy is to provide self-serve merchandise to thieves for free and then require people like me to make up the difference through higher prices.  And in the event that one of their employees stands up for their paying customers, that person loses their job.

She can still make a workman's comp claim to cover medical expenses.  But that's about all she can get.

:thumbsup:

Offline berdie

Well what is their policy? A lot of stores want you to report it to the authorities or security only, and for good reason.

Still sucks though :(.

Even many, many years ago that was the case.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2023, 08:02:30 pm »
68-year-old Lowe's employee fired for trying to stop shoplifters has been reinstated

https://www.theblaze.com/news/beloved-68-year-old-lowes-employee-fired-for-trying-to-stop-shoplifters-has-been-reinstated

The 68-year-old Lowe's employee fired for bravely trying to stop shoplifters from absconding with over $2,000 of stolen merchandise has been given her job back at the Rincon, Georgia, store where she has worked for 13 years.

This corporate about-face appears to have been the result, at least in part, of the widespread recognition of Donna Hansbrough's dedication as well as the backlash online over the store's decision to kick a battered victim to the curb over a supposed company policy violation.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.