Author Topic: Ex-deputy blames anti-law enforcement 'bias' after jury acquits man who beat, shot at her: 'Knife in  (Read 222 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
POLICE AND LAW ENFORCEMENT Published July 21, 2023 4:00am EDT
Ex-deputy blames anti-law enforcement 'bias' after jury acquits man who beat, shot at her: 'Knife in the back'
Former sheriff's deputy left 'heartbroken' by the California jury's decision despite video of the attack
Taylor Penley By Taylor Penley | Fox News

Former San Bernardino County deputy Meagan McCarthy tells Fox News' Todd Piro how she felt after being told she was 'not a victim' for being assaulted and shot at by a suspect who was recently acquitted.

A former California sheriff's deputy says anti-law enforcement bias is to blame after a jury acquitted a man seen on video beating her to the ground and trying to shoot her with her own weapon.

Former San Bernardino County sheriff's deputy Meagan McCarthy told "Fox & Friends First" Thursday that recent reforms to California's jury selection process allowed jurors with an "expressed bias" against law enforcement to decide her case.

"If you express an implicit bias towards law enforcement, you are allowed to sit on a jury. And that has never been the case before," McCarthy said. "So in my situation, we had many jurors who expressed this bias towards law enforcement, and they were still allowed to decide guilty or not guilty on my suspect."

California man seen attacking deputy, taking her gun and opening fireVideo

The attack happened in 2019 after McCarthy responded to a frantic 911 call from suspect Ari Young's mother, saying, "Oh, my God, oh, my God! Get my son out of here" before going quiet on the line.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ex-deputy-blames-anti-law-enforcement-bias-jury-acquits-man-beat-shot-knife-back
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 03:31:06 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji