Author Topic: Poll: Donald Trump Leads Joe Biden by 18 Points Among Independents  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: Poll: Donald Trump Leads Joe Biden by 18 Points Among Independents
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2023, 07:30:50 pm »
Vote for whomever you want to, I'm more interested in an effective President that improves our country/lives, follows the constitution, rather than some apocalyptic showdown with Trump's enemies.

:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2023, 07:31:47 pm »
Vote for whomever you want to, I'm more interested in an effective President that improves our country/lives, follows the constitution, rather than some apocalyptic showdown with Trump's enemies.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Given that any actual Republican candidate is going to get the SAME treatment  Trump is going to get,just exactly  how do you plan to go about that?

Well,maybe not a clone of the Bush Crime Family or a similar RINO,but ANY candidate that wants to reduce the size of government and get back on a Constitutional footing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2023, 07:37:06 pm »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Soooo,we shouldn't vote for Trump because the DNC and the RINO's are afraid of him to the point they  are so desperate they are trying to get criminal charges filed against him?

Maybe you would prefer JEB?

@sneakypete

Try to get criminal charges against him??  He's already be indicted and has 37 felonies against him.  He was found liable in the Caroll case and had to pay $5m.

What is with you and JEB?  He's not running.

We should vote for the most conservative candidate who will move this country forward in a positive direction.  Secondly, if someone other than Trump were to win the oval office, they could pardon him.  So there's that probability as well, which at this point may be the best case scenario for Trump.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2023, 07:40:52 pm »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Given that any actual Republican candidate is going to get the SAME treatment  Trump is going to get,just exactly  how do you plan to go about that?

Well,maybe not a clone of the Bush Crime Family or a similar RINO,but ANY candidate that wants to reduce the size of government and get back on a Constitutional footing.

If they start doing this to all Republicans/Conservatives, and their voters are ok with that, then it's inevitable anyway. We've gone over the waterfall then and it's too late.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2023, 07:43:16 pm »
@sneakypete

Try to get criminal charges against him??  He's already be indicted and has 37 felonies against him.

The only surprise here is the DNC/RNC stooges haven't charged him with  Original Sin.

He was found liable in the Caroll case and had to pay $5m.

I know nothing about that. When was it,and for what was he found to be liable?

What is with you and JEB?  He's not running.

Yet.

We should vote for the most conservative candidate who will move this country forward in a positive direction.

And who  would that be?

Secondly, if someone other than Trump were to win the oval office, they could pardon him.

I don't care if he gets pardoned or not.

So there's that probability as well, which at this point may be the best case scenario for Trump.

I don't care about "what is best for Trump",either. I only care about "What is best for America?",and  it is NOT the status quo created by our current political classes.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2023, 07:56:39 pm »
@sneakypete  here is info on Caroll case

https://www.npr.org/2023/05/09/1174975870/trump-carroll-verdict

Regardless if you think the charges are warranted or not doesn't change the fact that he is facing 37 felony charges.  Do you honestly think he's going to walk away from all of this?

I as well want the best person leading our country. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2023, 07:59:28 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2023, 08:06:53 pm »
@sneakypete  here is info on Caroll case

https://www.npr.org/2023/05/09/1174975870/trump-carroll-verdict

Regardless if you think the charges are warranted or not doesn't change the fact that he is facing 37 felony charges.  Do you honestly think he's going to walk away from all of this?

@libertybele

"Guilty until proven innocent"? Is this a new standard for everyone,or just Rude Orange Man?
I as well want the best person leading our country.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2023, 08:25:32 pm »

@sneakypete  In no way am I implying that he is guilty. All I am implying is that I don't believe that he is going to walk away from all 37 felony charges.  That's a lot of charges to just be thrown out or him found not guilty.  He's being tried by those who hate him in an area that hates him.  Honestly, I fear for the man.  I don't believe that he deserves any of this crappola.  But, I am not the judge, nor the jury, nor have I gone through and read all the charges against him. 

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2023, 09:29:20 pm »
He’s going to have another state indictment in Fulton County, and whatever Jack Smith drops in DC.   Neither place has a sympathetic jury pool.  There is no way any other candidate would be foolish enough to expose himself on so many fronts. 

Offline berdie

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2023, 09:41:52 pm »
@LMAO

Unlike them,HE is not a career politician,and truth to tell,I really don't think he gives a damn what they say about him.

I must respectfully disagree. If anyone disagrees or says something negative about him he goes into a total tweeting tizzy. Even if it's a nobody actress.

My fear is if he gets elected, his term will be spent on repealable EO's (like the first term) and vengeance. I hope I'm wrong.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2023, 09:43:33 pm »
He’s going to have another state indictment in Fulton County, and whatever Jack Smith drops in DC.   Neither place has a sympathetic jury pool.  There is no way any other candidate would be foolish enough to expose himself on so many fronts.

@cato potatoe

Trump did NOT  expose himself to all this. This is the DNC trying to keep him from running because they know they can't beat him,and because they are afraid that if he is elected again,he will  upset their apple carts.

I think they are right about this,and the FACT that Trump is the only one running they are desperate to keep out of office is the big reason I support him.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2023, 09:53:44 pm »

I've not known any indicted candidates suggest the passion level of his supporters would make a conviction dangerous
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

• Technical
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2023, 10:24:43 pm »
@sneakypete    Honestly, I fear for the man.  I don't believe that he deserves any of this crappola.  But, I am not the judge, nor the jury, nor have I gone through and read all the charges against him.

Same. I do think he brought a lot of this on himself by making too many enemies, being too mouthy etc. There are so many laws, they'll find something to go after you with, and they can certainly find a jury who will find you guilty of them, no matter what.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2023, 10:28:45 pm »
Same. I do think he brought a lot of this on himself by making too many enemies, being too mouthy etc. There are so many laws, they'll find something to go after you with, and they can certainly find a jury who will find you guilty of them, no matter what.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Good thing he LOVES all the attention. Most politicians hate and try to avoid negative press,but  Trump rejoices in it.

That sort of thing is the biggest reason I support him. He is a fighter and is not going to back off because there is NOTHING in this world more important to him than how he is written about in the history books,and he dreams of going down in history as "The President that saved America."

Offline LMAO

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2023, 10:28:51 pm »

Let's look at the Carroll case, for example

Trump has over 20 accusations of sexual impropriety made by women over the years

Anybody can be accused once or twice. But at some point, you have to ask yourself, are all 20 some women lying?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2023, 10:32:34 pm »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Good thing he LOVES all the attention. Most politicians hate and try to avoid negative press,but  Trump rejoices in it.

That sort of thing is the biggest reason I support him. He is a fighter and is not going to back off because there is NOTHING in this world more important to him than how he is written about in the history books,and he dreams of going down in history as "The President that saved America."

Well as it stands now, the history books will indicate that he's the only president who was impeached twice, held liable for a defamation suit about a rape and faced 37 felony charges. Doubtful that the liberals will mention anything positive about his presidency -- even IF he's re-elected.   @sneakypete

• Technical
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2023, 10:34:47 pm »
Let's look at the Carroll case, for example

Trump has over 20 accusations of sexual impropriety made by women over the years

Anybody can be accused once or twice. But at some point, you have to ask yourself, are all 20 some women lying?

E Jean Carroll is a total nut but Trump just couldn't help himself had to mouth off about it again, and is now getting sued again.

This classified documentation stuff is a mixture of them selectively prosecuting Trump for stuff, but also he did stuff like show off his classified documents to his "friends" and just made it really easy for his enemies to go after him.

One thing about Trump that has been consistent is him making it easy for his enemies to go after him.

And also of course being caught on tape bragging about "grabbing bleep" certainly won't help with any jury. Which everyone in the country is no doubt aware of.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2023, 10:40:37 pm »
Trump did NOT  expose himself to all this. This is the DNC trying to keep him from running because they know they can't beat him,and because they are afraid that if he is elected again,he will  upset their apple carts.

The documents case is 100% on Trump.  He most definitely exposed himself to federal charges, and is making matters worse by running his mouth on television.  The NY prosecution seems weak at best, abusive at worst.  But, he paid off a floozie and ran it through legal expenses ... probably a misdemeanor, and a topic likely to rear its head.  We don't have the other indictments yet, though William Barr had his doubts based on the evidence made public to date.  There again, Trump was an idiot to rile up thousands of his most extreme supporters at the capitol building and try to overturn the electoral college.  Read the transcript of the Raffensperger phone call and tell me you wouldn't be screaming if Hillary pulled that sort of stunt.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2023, 10:43:17 pm »
Read the transcript of the Raffensperger phone call and tell me you wouldn't be screaming if Hillary pulled that sort of stunt.

Yup

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2023, 10:46:18 pm »
The more likely scenario is Trump wins the nomination, loses the general, and takes a whole mess of Republicans down with him

And the usual suspects here will be placing 100% of the blame on the ones who foretold this would happen.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2023, 10:49:33 pm »
Read the transcript of the Raffensperger phone call and tell me you wouldn't be screaming if Hillary pulled that sort of stunt.

I'm screaming because Trump is too naive and politically obtuse to realize that Raffensperger had been orchestrating his defeat for almost a year.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2023, 11:39:58 pm »
As I see it, if Trump gets convicted and I think that's likely, his options, given he wins it all, are limited to a few and none of them are good.

1) resign and go to jail
2) try to "pardon himself" which just won't sit well with the public at all.

As a matter of fact, I think Trump stands a good chance of winning everything, getting elected President, and they will go after him twice as hard. And again, see my two solutions above.

This could all be solved by nominating someone without these issues IMO.
Well, keep in mind: if by some ungodly curse he does win the general election, he'll be constitutionally term-limited. So what the public thinks won't mean jack squat to him at that point.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024