Author Topic: Trump to face racketeering charge in Georgia for attempting to overturn 2020 election results  (Read 4760 times)

Offline goatprairie

He doesn't even want to put in the effort to try to understand them.  He either thinks it's beneath him or that he shouldn't have to worry about them because he's President.

But that's the freaking job.  Being President is being in the biggest of the big leagues, and you have to put in a lot of work and effort to do the job properly.  If you don't have a political or legal background, that just means you have to work and study harder to do the job the right way.  "I'm not a politician or lawyer" is a decent excuse for the first six months.  Maybe a year.  After that, you've had more than enough time to get the basics down, and not make rookie mistakes.   Trump spent more than enough time on golf courses in his first year to have taken an entire law school course on Constitutional law.

If you get a new job and there's stuff you don't know, it is your job to learn it.  When I got to my first artillery battery, I was trained as an artillery officer, but received absolutely no training for all the collateral duties I got, which includes being battery motor transport officer.    So I cracked open the manuals on the jeep, M939 series five ton truck, and the various trailers, studied them at night, and had my motor transport ops chief repeatedly walk me through the proper inspection procedures for both vehicles.  We were a nuclear capable battery, so I also was assigned as Nuclear Safety Officer, which meant a whole other series of books and orders I had to learn - again, on my "own time" - to make sure that all our paperwork was in order, training records done, etc..

It seems to me like Trump put in absolutely no effort at all - literally none - to learn the key things about the government that he didn't know.  He just relied on whatever people would tell him in briefings, and then shot from the hip on issues.  It is extraordinarily easy to be misled by people if you don't put in the work necessary to acquire knowledge independently of those people.
What??? Are you saying that Trump wasn't the five (or is it ten?) dimensional chess genius his backers kept telling us he was?
My own opinion is that Trump basically thought he could run the presidency like he ran his businesses. He didn't care about the intricacies of constitutional law or even of the bad optics of many of things he did.
Like you said he basically shot from the hip and hoped for the best.
Not that a number of his positions on the issues weren't the correct ones. It's just that he had no coherent plan of how to put it all together...especially how to work with the other side.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Maj. Bill Martin   @goatprairie

Oh,BullBush!

Trump is in trouble in Ga because Ga politics are now the personal property of black Dims,and he is neither black or a Dim.

It really ain't any more complicated than that.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

@Maj. Bill Martin   @goatprairie

Oh,BullBush!

Trump is in trouble in Ga because Ga politics are now the personal property of black Dims,and he is neither black or a Dim.

It really ain't any more complicated than that.

Um….no

https://ballotpedia.org/Georgia_General_Assembly

Georgia has a Republican trifecta. The Republican Party controls the office of governor and both chambers of the state legislature.

Serious question, but do you ever confirm the things you post before you post them?

« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 02:15:44 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Um….no

https://ballotpedia.org/Georgia_General_Assembly

Georgia has a Republican trifecta. The Republican Party controls the office of governor and both chambers of the state legislature.

Serious question, but do you ever confirm the things you post before you post them?

@LMAO

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2020/12/21/black-latino-and-asian-americans-have-been-key-to-georgias-registered-voter-growth-since-2016/

By Luis Noe-Bustamante and Abby Budiman

Following Joe Biden’s narrow presidential win in Georgia, early voting is underway in the state’s Jan. 5 runoff election for two U.S. Senate seats, races that will determine whether both chambers of Congress are led by Democrats during the first years of the new administration. Once a reliably Republican state, Georgia has received much attention for the increasing racial and ethnic diversity of eligible voters in the state, which has highlighted the importance of Black voters and other fast-growing groups like Latino and Asian voters.

Uhhhh.........

Gee,since according to you,Republicans control Georgia,how  do you explain Biden winning there?

I know you  pay attention to what you  post or you wouldn't have called me out for committing what you would consider to be a grave sin,so I am now sitting on the edge of my chair in eager anticipation of you splainin dis doawn ta me.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

By Luis Noe-Bustamante and Abby Budiman

Uhhhh.........

Gee,since according to you,Republicans control Georgia,how  do you explain Biden winning there?

I know you  pay attention to what you  post or you wouldn't have called me out for committing what you would consider to be a grave sin,so I am now sitting on the edge of my chair in eager anticipation of you splainin dis doawn ta me.

You claimed that Georgia politics are now the personal property of black Democrats. That was provably false. Now you’re moving the goalposts in a lame attempt to cover your error instead of just admitting you were wrong

And their SOS is also Republican. And Kemp  won reelection in 2022 despite Trump’s endorsement of his Democrat opponent

Joe Biden has nothing to do with the internal politics in Georgia

My question still stands. Do you ever confirm things that you post before posting?

« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 03:05:20 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
   How many Indictments does this make against Trump?  Al Capone only had 22.   888mouth

@corbe

The politicians consider Trump to be more dangerous than Capone because Capone only murdered people and sold untaxed whisky. Trump will put Dims out of gooberment jobs.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The definition of "racketeering activity" for Georgia state law purposes is located here:  https://casetext.com/statute/code-of-georgia/title-16-crimes-and-offenses/chapter-14-racketeer-influenced-and-corrupt-organizations/section-16-14-3-definitions#:~:text=(A)%20%22racketeering%20activity

Personally, I'm just not seeing where the things Trump did fit into the definition of "racketeering activity".

@Kamaji

While the left would have spontaneous orgasms if one of their charges put Trump in jail,their main purpose is to try  to keep him from being elected because he would upset their apply carts. Hell,some might even have to find jobs!  REAL JOBS! Ones where you are expected to show up and clock in every day,and then actually do some work.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 03:06:03 am by sneakypete »

Online Hoodat

Because the Republicans are corrupt as hell.  They all took money from Dominion and from Zuckerberg.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

What the hell does this have to do with the point made in Cato’s post? He’s right. You, and other Trump backers, would be howling at the moon and demanding retribution if Hillary did what Trump did

@LMAO

Poor Bubbette! She is so misunderstood! If she had not been cheated,she would be the President today,right?

Admit it,you get wood just thinking about that,don't you?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You claimed that Georgia politics are now the personal property of black Democrats. That was provably false. Now you’re moving the goalposts in a lame attempt to cover your error instead of just admitting you were wrong

And their SOS is also Republican. And Kemp  won reelection in 2022 despite Trump’s endorsement of his Democrat opponent

Joe Biden has nothing to do with the internal politics in Georgia

My question still stands. Do you ever confirm things that you post before posting?

@LMAO

I just posted proof,dingbat.

It's not my fault you didn't understand it.

Then again,you are one of the people that demand change while continuing to support a career politician who is nothing more than just another of the usual suspects.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Because the Republicans are corrupt as hell.  They all took money from Dominion and from Zuckerberg.

@Hoodat

So,are you now claiming the Dims paid the Republicans to go after Trump?

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

I just posted proof,dingbat.

It's not my fault you didn't understand it.

Then again,you are one of the people that demand change while continuing to support a career politician who is nothing more than just another of the usual suspects.

I see you’re back to your old strawman arguments when you’re losing. I never mentioned anything about supporting a candidate in my response to you

You made a claim. I disproved it. And, true to form for you, you doubled down on your ignorance. All you did was post an opinion piece on how particular voting blocs might vote

And besides Republicans  owning the governorship, and the state legislature in Georgia, they also outnumber Democrats in the US House of Representatives

So, like many of the other claims, you make, it was easy to prove false

Why is it so hard for you to admit that you didn’t know that about Georgia party politics
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 03:54:17 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

I see you’re back to your old strawman arguments when you’re losing. I never mentioned anything about supporting a candidate in my response to you

You made a claim. I disproved it. And, true to form for you, you doubled down on your ignorance. All you did was post an opinion piece on how particular voting blocs might vote

And besides Republicans  owning the governorship, and the state legislature in Georgia, they also outnumber Democrats in the US House of Representatives

Why is it so hard for you to admit that you didn’t know that about Georgia party politics

:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@LMAO

That must be why Ga wants to place bogus charges against him,huh?

You people are so blinded by jealousy,hatred,and class warfare that you can't see the nose on your face. You would be a better fit with the DNC than the RNC.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

That must be why Ga wants to place bogus charges against him,huh?

You people are so blinded by jealousy,hatred,and class warfare that you can't see the nose on your face. You would be a better fit with the DNC than the RNC.

I easily disapproved your claim that Georgia politics are dominated by the Democrat party. Therefore, that means I’m blinded by jealousy, hatred, and class warfare. Ad hominems, strawmen, and non sequiturs seem to be your go to when losing the argument
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 11:45:32 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I easily disapproved your claim that Georgia politics are dominated by the Democrat party. Therefore, that means I’m blinded by jealousy, hatred, and class warfare. Ad hominems, strawmen, and non sequiturs seem to be your go to when losing the argument

You haven't disproven squat.

There are plenty of people in Washington, Georgia, Texas, Pennsylvania, and just about anywhere else you care to name who were elected as Republicans but are, in reality, nothing more than Democrats who LIE their @$$es off!  I can name many of them if you like.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@LMAO

Not even close.

Offline LMAO

You haven't disproven squat.

Actually, I have. Several posts up in case you missed it

The GOP in GA. have control of the legislature, the governorship, the Sec of State, and more Republicans in the HOR than Democrats. That’s the facts. Whether the voters are happy or dissatisfied with the GA GOP is a matter of personal opinion

« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 01:04:20 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Actually, I have. Several posts up in case you missed it

The GOP in GA. have control of the legislature, the governorship, the Sec of State, and more Republicans in the HOR than Democrats. That’s the facts.

Interesting what you choose NOT to quote from my post.

Just because they have an R beside their name does not mean that they are not Democrats who know that they cannot get elected if they run as Democrats.

I repeat; You haven't proven squat.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Just because they have an R beside their name does not mean that they are not Democrats who know that they cannot get elected if they run as Democrats.

@Bigun

Yeah,Heaven forbid anyone would run as a Republican in order to get elected,and then once in office,vote as a Dim.

The fact is that Atlanta controls Georgia,and Atlanta is dominated by Dim voters.

Offline LMAO

My claim, provided with a link, was to disprove  a claim that Democrats dominate in Georgia

I provided the proof. It’s your turn.  You say I’m wrong.  Show me where that link I provided was wrong. I’ll wait.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 01:11:24 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

My claim, provided with a link, was tobdisprove a claim that Democrats dominate in Georgia

I provided the proof. It’s your turn.  You say I’m wrong.  Prove me wrong. I’ll wait.

The fact that there are more people with R's beside their names than those with Ds doesn't prove squat.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

The fact that there are more people with R's beside their names than those with Ds doesn't prove squat.

Yeah, it does.

Again, I’m still waiting for you to provide a link to show me the Georgia is in fact, dominated by Democrats over Republicans

Do you know the difference between personal opinion and fact? The number of Republicans in political office in the state of Georgia outnumbers Democrats. Are you disputing that?

What they do when they get into office and whether or not they’re acting sufficiently Republican enough is a matter of personal opinion
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 01:21:12 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Yeah, it does.

Again, I’m still waiting for you to provide a link to show me the Georgia is in fact, dominated by Democrats over Republicans

Do you know the difference between personal opinion and fact? The number of Republicans in political office in the state of Georgia outnumbers Democrats. Are you disputing that?

What they do when they get into office and whether or not they’re acting sufficiently Republican enough is a matter of personal opinion

YOU are delusional!     buh bye

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

YOU are delusional!     buh bye

Lol…

I guess when confronted with facts you don’t like, hurl insults and bail out. You’re the second one unable to show me where I’m wrong. The human ego is a burden

From what I’ve gathered, Georgia is running a surplus. Keeping the cost of government down is a conservative position. Giving fealty to Donald Trump is not.

There are Briefers who live in Georgia that would be in a better position than I to outline their issues they have with their states Republican Party. But that still doesn’t change the fact that the GOP in office outnumbers the Democrats in office in Georgia
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 01:52:37 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater