General Category > Fulton County Indictment

Trump to face racketeering charge in Georgia for attempting to overturn 2020 election results

(1/14) > >>

Kamaji:
Trump to face racketeering charge in Georgia for attempting to overturn 2020 election results: report

By Josh Christenson
July 21, 2023

Atlanta’s top prosecutor is preparing to charge former President Donald Trump with racketeering for his efforts to overturn the 2020 election results in Georgia.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis will formally accuse Trump, 77, of influencing witnesses and computer trespassing, The Guardian reported Friday, in what could be the former president’s fourth indictment this year.

Trump made several phone calls to Georgia election officials after his electoral loss to now-President Biden, asking Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger in one infamous conversation to “find” 11,780 votes to overturn his defeat in the Peach State.

Willis also probed the involvement of ex-Trump attorney Sidney Powell in the alleged breach of Dominion Voting Systems machines that relayed election data from Coffee County, sources briefed on the matter told the outlet.

The indictment could be handed down as soon as early next month.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/21/trump-to-face-racketeering-charge-for-georgia-election-report/

corbe:
   How many Indictments does this make against Trump?  Al Capone only had 22.   888mouth

DefiantMassRINO:
Racketeering sounds about right.

A sitting President has no place personally lobbying state eleciton officials to "find" the votes necessary to change the outcome.

We have state elections for Federal officeholders.

What happened in 2020 and 2021 demonstrates why elections should not be Federalized.

Also, WTF business did South Carolina Federal Senator Lindsey Graham have lobbying Georgia state officials on Trump's behalf?

Federalism is the check and balance against Federal tyrants.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: corbe on July 21, 2023, 06:45:30 pm ---   How many Indictments does this make against Trump?  Al Capone only had 22.   888mouth

--- End quote ---

So far I believe he has 37 felony indictments against him.

Foolish for anyone to believe he's going to walk away from all of this.  I think he'll serve prison time.

Right_in_Virginia:

--- Quote from: libertybele on July 21, 2023, 07:06:33 pm ---So far I believe he has 37 felony indictments against him.

Foolish for anyone to believe he's going to walk away from all of this.  I think he'll serve prison time.

--- End quote ---

And then what?  @libertybele

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version