Author Topic: Study accidentally proves man-caused global warming not provable  (Read 324 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
July 21, 2023
Study accidentally proves man-caused global warming not provable
By Eric Utter

According to a study recently published in the journal Science, and latched onto by USA Today, more than 400,000 years ago, Greenland was actually green.  Yes, scientists say, the massive island was an ice-free landscape and was perhaps even covered with trees.

This is important to know, avers study co–lead author Paul Bierman of the University of Vermont, because it tells us that "Greenland's ice sheet is fragile."  Bierman stated: "All by itself, during a warm period very similar to today, the ice sheet melted away 400,000 years ago.  That was without fossil fuel emissions into the atmosphere."

An ice sheet melted "all by itself"?  Here is a "scientist" telling us that we must immediately change our lifestyles and bankrupt our economies to prevent something that occurred naturally and without human influence 400,000 years ago!

After Greenland's ice sheet turned to water, whined the climate alarmists, the sea level rose at least five feet.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/07/study_accidentally_proves_mancaused_global_warming_not_provable.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Study accidentally proves man-caused global warming not provable
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2023, 05:35:19 pm »
De-carbonization is B.S.  Man-made Climate Change is B.S.

Clean air, clean water, and uncontaminated soil are good things to improve quality of life for all.

Man, alone, is not powerful enough to change the climate nor stop the climate from changing.

The Earth's evolutionary path has been significantly driven by climate changes.  Those that adapt, perservere; those that don't become extinct.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2023, 05:39:47 pm »
It's not even plausible, much less provable.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2023, 06:26:45 pm »
De-carbonization is B.S.  Man-made Climate Change is B.S.

Clean air, clean water, and uncontaminated soil are good things to improve quality of life for all.

Man, alone, is not powerful enough to change the climate nor stop the climate from changing.

The Earth's evolutionary path has been significantly driven by climate changes.  Those that adapt, perservere; those that don't become extinct.

1, 2, and 4 are correct.  3 is wrong.  The Corps of Engineers constructing a series of lakes in the Great Plains changed the climate -- the extremes of cold and heat were greater before that.  Building modern cities changes the climate in a phenomenon called "the urban heat island effect."  The improvident grazing practices of the Muslim conquerors resulted in the desertification of Muslim dominated areas on the Mediterranean litoral (cf. the Younger Fill, as archeological confirmation of Pirenne's thesis that the rise of Islam, not Germanic barbarian invasions cause the Dark Ages).
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2023, 06:35:02 pm »
1, 2, and 4 are correct.  3 is wrong.  The Corps of Engineers constructing a series of lakes in the Great Plains changed the climate -- the extremes of cold and heat were greater before that.  Building modern cities changes the climate in a phenomenon called "the urban heat island effect."  The improvident grazing practices of the Muslim conquerors resulted in the desertification of Muslim dominated areas on the Mediterranean litoral (cf. the Younger Fill, as archeological confirmation of Pirenne's thesis that the rise of Islam, not Germanic barbarian invasions cause the Dark Ages).

And the windmill farms that are being set up, mainly in Europe, are beginning to alter the local climate there, as well, slowing down overall air movement in the wind shadow of the farm, and negatively affecting moisture content of the soil downwind from the farm.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2023, 06:44:06 pm »
Those are localized or regionalized man-made environmental changes.

But, what is causing Global Climate to change?

Is there sufficient scientific data, study, and rigor to be certain that complete de-carbonization of man's activities will have the desired measurable effect on Global Climate?

Will having to pay more for less of everything produce the predicted Global Climate outcome?

////00000////

The dastardly beaver also significantly modifies his environment.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2023, 08:03:58 pm »
Those are localized or regionalized man-made environmental changes.

But, what is causing Global Climate to change?

Is there sufficient scientific data, study, and rigor to be certain that complete de-carbonization of man's activities will have the desired measurable effect on Global Climate?

Will having to pay more for less of everything produce the predicted Global Climate outcome?

////00000////

The dastardly beaver also significantly modifies his environment.

Humanity being broadly distributed over the globe, the aggregate effect of human activity has a global effect.  The alarmists have cynically harnessed the aggregate urban heat island effect to "prove" their theory by using weather stations in urban and suburban environments in building their models.

You are quite correct that the alarmist case is not proven:  they build models based on the assumption that observed warming is due to human greenhouse gas emissions because they have a political agenda or because that's where the grant money is.  Honest climate modeling would not make the assumption that it's driven by human greenhouse gas emissions (a highly dubious assumption, given that the outbound IR radiation does not conform to the pattern expected from CO2's absorption spectrum), but would consider natural cycles (including the generally ignored effects of cosmic rays on cloud formation found by Svensmark and confirmed as very important by the climatological record on the scale of millions of year), greenhouse gas emissions, soot deposition on the cryosphere, and aggregate urban heat island effect (at least).  But "man can't change the climate" is not a counter-argument, and making local changes at all localities constitutes a global change.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.