Author Topic: Boeing releases first video of new unmanned submarine testing  (Read 139 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Boeing releases first video of new unmanned submarine testing
NEWSMARITIME SECURITYVIDEO
By
Colton Jones
Jul 19, 2023
Modified date: 2 days ago

Boeing Defense courtesy photo
Aerospace giant Boeing has released the first video of the U.S. Navy’s 85-Foot Orca unmanned submarine in-sea testing.

“The Navy Orca XLUUV’s full, advanced autonomy allows the vehicle to operate for months at a time in open, congested and contested waters with little-to-no human intervention,” the company said in a Twitter post Tuesday.

Orca is the first of its kind in the uncrewed undersea space for the Navy fleet. Its fully autonomous capabilities are unlike any other maritime vehicle when it comes to ocean exploration and defense.

- ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW -

The Navy’s first Orca vehicle was put into the water to begin at-sea testing in April.

The Maritime Undersea team is steadily progressing through a risk-reduction test plan, while also performing manufacturing and assembly activities on the second Orca vehicle.

https://defence-blog.com/boeing-releases-first-video-of-new-unmanned-submarine-testing/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson