Author Topic: Ukraine Situation Report: U.S. Cluster Munitions Hit The Battlefield  (Read 128 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ukraine Situation Report: U.S. Cluster Munitions Hit The Battlefield
The White House and Pentagon say Ukraine is now using donated cluster munitions and they are already making a difference.

BY
HOWARD ALTMAN
|
PUBLISHED JUL 20, 2023 8:26 PM EDT

Ukraine is now using cluster munitions on the battlefield “quite effectively,” and they already having an affect on Russian forces, the White House confirmed Thursday.

"We have gotten some initial feedback from the Ukrainians, and they're using them quite effectively," White House National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said at a news briefing Thursday. He added the cluster munitions are having an impact on Russian defensive formations and maneuvering, Reuters reported. At the Pentagon, Deputy Press Secretary Sabrina Singh also confirmed Ukraine is now using the cluster munitions.

The Pentagon two weeks ago announced it was sending Ukraine “hundreds of thousands” of rounds of controversial cluster munitions known as Dual-Purpose Improved Conventional Munitions (DPICMs). They are 155mm artillery munitions that contain individual submunitions, or bomblets.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/ukraine-situation-report-u-s-cluster-munitions-hit-the-battlefield
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson