Author Topic: Court: Texas universities can charge out-of-state students higher tuition than illegal immigrants  (Read 273 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Court: Texas universities can charge out-of-state students higher tuition than illegal immigrants
BLAKE MAURO - CLEMSON UNIVERSITY
JULY 21, 2023

‘We’re disappointed for our clients who now, as the Court recognized, have to pay 9 times more in-tuition than illegal aliens’

In Texas, illegal immigrants who live in the state are eligible to receive in-state tuition prices, paying significantly less than out-of-state students who are legal American citizens.

The Fifth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals recently sided with University of North Texas officials, ruling that a 2001 Texas state law allows colleges and universities to charge out-of-state students a higher tuition rate than undocumented immigrants.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/court-texas-universities-can-charge-out-of-state-students-higher-tuition-than-illegal-immigrants/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Where is the EQUITY liberals are always drooling over, when illegal alien students can be charged less than American citizens? :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji