Author Topic: 13 dead in Mexicali due to extreme heat  (Read 145 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
13 dead in Mexicali due to extreme heat
« on: July 21, 2023, 11:23:47 am »
13 dead in Mexicali due to extreme heat

Temperatures in Mexicali, Baja California, have consistently reached 115 degrees in recent weeks leading to the deaths of 21 people. (Salvador Rivera/Border … Read More
by: Salvador Rivera

Posted: Jul 20, 2023 / 06:35 PM CDT

Updated: Jul 20, 2023 / 06:36 PM CDT

SAN DIEGO (Border Report) — Thirteen people have died due to the ongoing heat wave in Mexicali, said Baja California Health Secretary Adrián Medina Amarillas, who described the victims as homeless people or those who didn’t have access to “hydration points” around the region.

“Unfortunately, the victims lived on the streets,” Amarillas said. “Only two were able to make it to an emergency room at a hospital, but were already very dehydrated, the others have died on the street.”

The city of Mexicali, about 120 miles east of the San Diego-Tijuana metro area, is reportedly working with state officials to provide more shelter space for homeless people so they can find relief from the high temperatures, which have hovered between 115 and 120 degrees over the last few weeks.

Friday’s high temperature is expected to be 119 degrees.

https://www.borderreport.com/news/health/13-dead-in-mexicali-due-to-extreme-heat/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson