Author Topic: HSI Nogales investigation results in truck driver’s 9-year sentence for meth offenses  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
JULY 18, 2023NOGALES, AZNARCOTICS
HSI Nogales investigation results in truck driver’s 9-year sentence for meth offenses

NOGALES, Ariz. — On July 11, a judge sentenced Hector Francisco Ramirez-Roman, 39, of San Luis, Rio Colorado, Mexico, to 108 months in prison followed by four years of supervised release for posing with intent to distribute methamphetamine. The sentence follows an investigation by Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and the Drug Enforcement Administration.

“The length of this sentence demonstrates our commitment to bring those who knowingly and willing break our nations laws to justice,” said HSI Arizona Special Agent in Charge Scott Brown. “Together, with our partners, as a force multiplier, we will weed out anyone that attempts to bring dangerous drugs into our communities.”
The judge also ordered Ramirez-Roman to pay a $100 special assessment. He pleaded guilty to possession with intent to distribute 50 grams or more of a mixture or substance containing a detectable amount of methamphetamine.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/hsi-nogales-investigation-results-truck-drivers-9-year-sentence-meth-offenses
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson