Author Topic: Don’t Be Fooled! Here’s How NOAA Perpetuates A Climate Crisis Rainfall Myth  (Read 222 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Don’t Be Fooled! Here’s How NOAA Perpetuates A Climate Crisis Rainfall Myth
21 hours ago 
Here is an example of myth making by NOAA’s “Ask a Scientist” about extreme rainfall.

Their myth: “We know that warmer air can hold more moisture, and moisture is a key ingredient to heavy rainfall, so it stands to reason that a warmer environment overall is capable of generating more extreme rainfall.”

Indeed, the first 2 scientific factoids are absolutely true but totally mis-applied; warmer air does hold more moisture and moisture is a key ingredient to heavy rainfall. But it “does not stand to reason” that global warming is causing more extreme rainfall.

Still click-bait media like the Washington Post mindlessly write the headlines like, “Study finds climate change is bringing more intense rains to U.S.” explaining that it is due to “warmer air’s ability to hold more water.”  Focusing on global warming is the easiest way to implicate CO2,  and persist with the click-bait climate crisis hoax.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/07/20/dont-be-fooled-heres-how-noaa-perpetuates-a-climate-crisis-rainfall-myth/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson