Author Topic: Next Generation Air Dominance Is A Must-Have For American Air Power—And RTX Is Uniquely Positioned T  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Next Generation Air Dominance Is A Must-Have For American Air Power—And RTX Is Uniquely Positioned To Play
Loren Thompson
Senior Contributor
I write about national security, especially its business dimensions.
Follow
Jul 21, 2023,10:07am EDT

The crewed fighter at the heart of NGAD will have two engines, like the F-22 it replaces.WIKIPEDIA
Of all the new program starts that the Pentagon plans to pursue in this decade, Next Generation Air Dominance, or NGAD, is probably the most important.

The goal of the program is to assure US forces continue to enjoy air superiority in the 2030s and beyond by fielding a family of airborne systems that countries like China cannot match.

Command of the air, as Italian air theorist Giulio Douhet first explained a century ago, facilitates every other facet of warfare. If you have it, your surface forces can achieve their tactical objectives more easily. If you lack it, surface forces may not be able to accomplish their objectives at all.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lorenthompson/2023/07/21/next-generation-air-dominance-is-a-must-have-for-american-air-power-and-rtx-is-uniquely-positioned-to-play/?sh=611f991b6857
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson