Author Topic: Defense Department’s COVID-19 data is unreliable, watchdog says  (Read 196 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Defense Department’s COVID-19 data is unreliable, watchdog says
By Geoff Ziezulewicz
 Thursday, Jul 20

The Defense Department can’t rely on COVID-19 patient data it collected during the pandemic to inform future care or public health decisions because that data is “not complete, accurate or representative” of all DoD patients who experienced a COVID event, according to a watchdog report released this month.

The Pentagon’s Defense Health Agency stood up a registry in July 2020 that was supposed to collect and track all COVID-19 incidents logged into the military health system, and an unidentified contractor was hired to take on the work, according to the DoD Office of the Inspector General report.

And while the accuracy rate of the data was supposed to be at least 90 percent, the IG found errors in 24 of the 25 registry records they reviewed.

As a result, the report warns that any COVID patient data collected is “inaccurate and potentially misleading,” while costing the Pentagon $6.2 million “for registry support services that did not meet the data accuracy requirements,” the report states.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2023/07/20/dods-covid-19-data-is-unreliable-watchdog-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Defense Department’s COVID-19 data is unreliable, watchdog says
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2023, 01:55:42 pm »
It seems the military has a tough time keeping track of anything correctly.  Yet, in the Civil War, Gen. Montgomery Miegs could account for every cent spent by the North - without a computer. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson