Author Topic: US Army worried about how North Korea will treat Private King  (Read 223 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Army worried about how North Korea will treat Private King
Reuters
July 20, 202312:09 PM EDTUpdated 24 min ago

WASHINGTON, July 20 (Reuters) - The head of the U.S. Army expressed deep concern for Private Travis King on Thursday and said Washington was fully mobilized in its efforts to reach out to Pyongyang, including by using United Nations communications channels.

Army Secretary Christine Wormuth said it was still unclear why King ran across the border into North Korea but acknowledged that he was likely concerned about facing further disciplinary action from the Army upon his return home to the United States. She said there was no information to suggest he was a North Korea sympathizer.

"I worry about him, frankly," Wormuth told the Aspen Security Forum in Colorado, citing the case of Otto Warmbier, an American college student who died in 2017 shortly after being released by North Korea. "I worry about how they may treat him. So, (we) want to get him back."

Reporting by Phil Stewart and Idrees Ali; editing by Jonathan Oatis

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/us-army-worried-about-how-north-korea-will-treat-private-king-2023-07-20/?rpc=401&
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US Army worried about how North Korea will treat Private King
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2023, 04:37:40 pm »
I doubt the military is too awfully concerned about how N. Korea treats a traitor. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2023, 04:40:15 pm »
Um, people who are dumb enough to voluntarily enter North Korea are stupid.  You can't fix stupid.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2023, 05:52:31 pm »
I don't care how he is treated and don't much care if NoKo keeps him. Once they learn what an out of control loser he is they'll probably just toss him back, though.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2023, 06:24:26 pm »
WHY????

I don't give a damn if they eat him for lunch.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!