Author Topic: Where the Trump trial stands ..By Byron York  (Read 114 times)

DB and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Where the Trump trial stands ..By Byron York
« on: Today at 01:07:43 am »
Where the Trump trial stands
By
Byron York
May 16, 2024 6:30 pm

WHERE THE TRUMP TRIAL STANDS. Now that the trial of former President Donald Trump has finished its fifth week, it is clearer than ever that Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s case against the former president rests on one person and one person alone: Michael Cohen. And that means the hopes of Democrats, from President Joe Biden down, that a conviction of Trump would shake up the presidential race and allow them to refer to Trump as “convicted felon Donald Trump” — those hopes, too, rest on Michael Cohen.

Now, after after three days on the witness stand, Cohen is looking like a shaky foundation on which to build the first prosecution of a former president in U.S. history.

Trump’s defense lawyers have revealed two simple but important facts about Cohen. The first is that he has a deep, obsessive, and all-consuming animus toward Trump. “I truly f***ing hope that this man ends up in prison,” Cohen said on his podcast, which is part of a career as a Trump basher that Cohen began after serving a prison sentence for tax evasion and bank fraud, among other offenses. “You better believe I want this man to go down and rot inside for what he did to me and my family.” On another occasion, Cohen said Trump belongs in a “f***ing cage, like an animal.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/daily-memo/3007387/where-the-trump-trial-stands/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34