Author Topic: The One Thing DeSantis Needs to Do to Stand Out From the Crowd  (Read 187 times)

Offline Kamaji

The One Thing DeSantis Needs to Do to Stand Out From the Crowd

Sarah Arnold
July 19, 2023

In case you missed it, 2024 GOP presidential candidate Gov. Ron DeSantis (Fla) wants to expand his campaign’s media strategy.

Once upon a time, DeSantis rarely appeared on mainstream media outlets, dodging hard-hitting questions led by liberal reporters.

However, to close the polling gap with former President Trump, DeSantis’s campaign team is shifting its game plan ahead of the primary.

After only seven weeks since the governor launched his campaign, DeSantis is reportedly planning to shake things up as he continues to fall behind as the 2024 race heats up. Since launching his campaign in May, the Florida superstar has shied away from appearing on liberal media outlets and only sticking to conservative-friendly platforms.

Critics have scolded DeSantis for not engaging with more mainstream platforms, unlike Trump, who constantly talks to the Left-wing media.

Conservative commentator Megyn Kelly had some advice for the governor, praising his interview with former Fox News host Tucker Carlson.

“I really think the number one thing he needs to do is get himself in front of adversarial liberal media and fight,” Kelly said.

Source:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2023/07/19/the-one-thing-desantis-needs-to-do-to-stand-out-from-the-crowd-n2625823

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: The One Thing DeSantis Needs to Do to Stand Out From the Crowd
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2023, 02:55:38 pm »
That's good advice.  He's actually better in a question and answer format where his natural sharpness comes through than in scripted speeches.

My wife and I saw Dubya speak at a small gathering in Cleveland back when he was President, and we were expecting to be underwhelmed.  But damn, the guy was getting asked questions and giving off the cuff, razor-sharp answers quickly.  I think his biggest speaking problem was that he looked terrible when using a Teleprompter.  Reading his remarks gave him a deer in the headlights look.  But off the cuff, he was much, much better.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The One Thing DeSantis Needs to Do to Stand Out From the Crowd
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2023, 10:36:29 pm »
Mr. DeSantis already "stands out from the rest of the [GOP] crowd".

But even that still isn't doing much for him.

The GOP base simply wants someone else this time around.