Author Topic: Visa Waiver Program Busts Open Door to ‘Perfect Storm of Crime’  (Read 143 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Visa Waiver Program Busts Open Door to ‘Perfect Storm of Crime’
July 17, 2023

Chilean criminals have been exploiting a visa waiver program to operate “burglary tourism” rings in U.S. cities, and the situation is so concerning that even Capitol Hill Democrats are calling for stricter scrutiny of visitors from the South American nation.

But FAIR has warned that bigger problems loom beyond the Andes, with visa waivers serving as an open invitation to more trouble from across the globe.

The U.S. Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables Chileans and foreign nationals from 39 other countries to bypass standard vetting processes in which individuals must fill out an application form, pay a $185 fee and appear in person at a U.S. Embassy to be interviewed by a consular officer.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/07/17/visa-waiver-program-busts-open-door-perfect-storm-crime
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson