Author Topic: Illinois sheriffs brace for fallout of ‘America’s most dangerous law’ after supreme court ends cash  (Read 224 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illinois sheriffs brace for fallout of ‘America’s most dangerous law’ after supreme court ends cash bail

Southern Illinois sheriffs Jeff Bullard and Kevin Bacon say they are "concerned" and "discouraged" by the Supreme Court's ruling to end cash bail across the state.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/illinois-sheriffs-brace-for-fallout-of-america-s-most-dangerous-law-after-supreme-court-ends-cash-bail/vi-AA1e5aji?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b186e9b22cab4a5e94932a8bd3b40f84&ei=15
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ScottinVA

From the article:
"Under the new system, defendants will appear for two hearings: an initial hearing, also known as a conditions hearing, and, if prosecutors decide to pursue detention, another hearing designed to provide a more comprehensive look at whether someone should be released or detained pretrial."

As grossly corrupt as Illinois (and especially Chicago) is, does anyone truly think judges will resist political pressure and other... ahem.. incentives to summarily release violent perps "of color," in the name of "equity?"

But then... Illinois voters, knowing what this abomination meant for them, still reelected Pritzker 55%-42% in November, so they're apparently OK with it all.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 12:38:58 pm by ScottinVA »