Author Topic: Trump Praises ‘Smart, Brilliant, Everything Perfect’ Xi Jinping: ‘Runs 1.4 Billion People With an Ir  (Read 2034 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Whether or not he meant it as intended, it comes out bad. And is a little scary.

A little context to calm 'you' down, perhaps...

To be able to control a population that size (1.45 BILLION) vs. USA (334.2 MILLION)...over 4 times the population takes a tough no-nonsense personality.

Just taking President Trump on his past performance, there's nothing there that would indicate his desire to be a 'King'. 

But, I can certainly understand his penchant to give swift justice to those that lied and cheated the American People out of the 2020 victory that was his.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

Think of President Xi. Central casting, brilliant guy. You know, when I say he’s brilliant, everyone says, ‘Oh that’s terrible,'” said Trump during the event. “Well, he runs 1.4 billion people with an iron fist. Smart, brilliant, everything perfect. There’s nobody in Hollywood like this guy. I got them to pay us $28 billion because they screwed our farmers for years.”

The way I read this is that Trump is thumbing his nose at Xi.

The statement "he runs 1.4 billion people with an iron fist" is a bit intimidating.  An iron fist?  How many crimes against humanity has he committed???  I see it as Trump finds his method of 'ruling' as admirable.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The statement "he runs 1.4 billion people with an iron fist" is a bit intimidating.  An iron fist?  How many crimes against humanity has he committed???  I see it as Trump finds his method of 'ruling' as admirable.

Well, it sure doesn't take 20+ years to carry out legal executions in China.

They even send the family the bill for the cost of the bullet used to kill the condemned.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

The last sentence is the key. "I got them..."
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

The last sentence is the key. "I got them..."

The last sentence doesn't vitiate the approval of Xi's methods of governance contained in the prior sentence.

Offline libertybele

To his credit, I do believe Trump had a relationship with XI that enabled him to somewhat contain him.  He renegotiated 'terms' of tariffs with him and was successful.  Perhaps COVID was in retaliation??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

The problem that the MAGAS  have in defending this statement by Donald Trump is this is his history and it goes back to 2016 of giving shout outs to brutal dictators. If this was the first time he’s made this type of statement, I  could chalk it up to him being tired or stressed out. But this is not the first time.

He also did it earlier this year when he fretted over the pod that our military exercises with the South Korean military where provoking the North Korean dictator
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline berdie

A little context to calm 'you' down, perhaps...

To be able to control a population that size (1.45 BILLION) vs. USA (334.2 MILLION)...over 4 times the population takes a tough no-nonsense personality.

Just taking President Trump on his past performance, there's nothing there that would indicate his desire to be a 'King'. 

But, I can certainly understand his penchant to give swift justice to those that lied and cheated the American People out of the 2020 victory that was his.

Thanks for calming me down./s But with Trump's personality, I can very well see how he would think it would be easier to govern in an iron fisted manner as he would as the CEO of his own company.

As far as "swift justice" to those that lied and cheated, sadly, nothing was proven in a court of law. So who is he going to give justice to?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The problem that the MAGAS  have in defending this statement by Donald Trump is this is his history and it goes back to 2016 of giving shout outs to brutal dictators. If this was the first time he’s made this type of statement, I  could chalk it up to him being tired or stressed out. But this is not the first time.

He also did it earlier this year when he fretted over the pod that our military exercises with the South Korean military where provoking the North Korean dictator

He envies them that they are not inconvenienced by something as annoying as our constitution.

Offline NavyCanDo

I didn't watch the interview. Did Hannity challenge him at all on this answer? Nevermind, silly question Hannity worships the ground Trump walks on.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Hoodat

Trump did not express admiration for Xi.

“He’s for China, I’m for the U.S., but other than that, we love each other.

-Donald Trump-

Stop lying, already.  Just stop.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

“He’s for China, I’m for the U.S., but other than that, we love each other.

-Donald Trump-

Xi Jinping must be laughing his ass off.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
While I get that in the corporate world, you can hire and fire unencumbered, and be as iron fisted as you like, the office of POTUS, despite Biden's numerous attempts, does not--and is not supposed to--work that way.

That is what the Constitution is for, for good or ill, to slow the changes brought by diffusing power. While that power has, unfortunately and likely unconstitutionally, been concentrated at the Federal level far beyond original intent, only relinquishing that power to the States might be effected with any rapidity by dissolving Executive Branch Departments, and reorganizing the rest. I am not sure how much power the POTUS has to do that in the face of Congressional objection, but it would be a good start. Much of the deep state is ensconced there (though hardly all of it), and eliminating those positions would likely be easier than eliminating the personnel entrenched in them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

I see it as Trump finds his method of 'ruling' as admirable.

No

Xi probably said something flattering about Donald Trump and because of that, Donald Trump can’t bring himself to say anything negative about him
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

Xi Jinping must be laughing his ass off.

I know I am after that quote

Barry Goldwater

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
I didn't watch the interview. Did Hannity challenge him at all on this answer? Nevermind, silly question Hannity worships the ground Trump walks on.

Hannity is one of the original sTRUMPettes. He’d never, ever challenge Trump.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher

I do not understand why this triggers the need for mischaracterization and ridicule of Trump's comments.

Great leaders like Reagan were clear and concise in their communication.  99% of the time there was never need to defend or say his comments were mischaracterized.  Trump's orange minions are having to continually defend his silly comments 24/7.  I really believe Trump is deficient in either intelligence or a decent vocabulary. Words matter.

Of course, anyone claiming Trump was a great leader are suffering massive delusional problems.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

....  I really believe Trump is deficient in either intelligence or a decent vocabulary.

Words matter.

So do results. 

Xi was contained, paying our tariffs and staying away from both Russian and Taiwan; Putin never crossed a border;  Kim Jong Un was releasing prisoners, not taking them;  Serbia and Kosovo signed the normalized trade agreement in the Oval Office brokered by Trump;  the Middle East Abraham Peace Accords brokered by Trump and signed at the WH;  US oil and gas independence and dominance in the global market, slowing Russia's rising influence.

It appears not everyone had trouble understanding Trump's words @catfish1957

« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 06:07:35 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Kamaji

Great leaders like Reagan were clear and concise in their communication.  99% of the time there was never need to defend or say his comments were mischaracterized.  Trump's orange minions are having to continually defend his silly comments 24/7.  I really believe Trump is deficient in either intelligence or a decent vocabulary. Words matter.

Of course, anyone claiming Trump was a great leader are suffering massive delusional problems.

:thumbsup:

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Is it such a problem for Trump supporters to admit that his mouth is a problem/flaw in the guy?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I respect your opinion. But I see it as polarized.

Guilty as charged.  But if you can find that hint of a shred of where Trump criticized Xi Jinping's repression in his comments, please do.

I think we've all heard Presidents of (usually) both parties criticize repressive regimes for a long time.  That's what we're used to hearing our President's standing against.  Even if it is a pseudo-ally like Saudi Arabia, we'll at least mumble apologetically for overlooking their human rights record.  We certain don't praise tendencies towards repression.

When I read the headline, I figured it could not possibly be a direct quote.  There's just no way an American President would ever state his admiration for a foreign dictator because he ruled with an "iron fist".  I thought someone had to have paraphrased badly or just made it up.

Turns out that's exactly what Trump said, and that's just stunning to me.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 02:20:52 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

Is it such a problem for Trump supporters to admit that his mouth is a problem/flaw in the guy?

Apparently, yes.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Why do you insist the problem is Trump's @Weird Tolkienish Figure ?   Not everyone has a problem with his words.

Xi was contained, paying our tariffs and staying away from both Russian and Taiwan; Putin never crossed a border;  Kim Jong Un was releasing prisoners, not taking them;  Serbia and Kosovo signed the normalized trade agreement in the Oval Office brokered by Trump;  the Middle East Abraham Peace Accords brokered by Trump and signed at the WH;  Trump brought the US oil and gas independence and dominance in the global market, slowing Russia's rising influence.

It appears not everyone had trouble understanding Trump's words.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I think Trump himself already has answered that one on behalf of his supporters:

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot someone and I wouldn't lose voters"

Those people would defend literally anything he says or does.

Offline LMAO

Human nature

Emotional bonds cause us to  defend the indefensible

Barry Goldwater