Author Topic: Marines fire two Parris Island leaders in charge of recruit training  (Read 171 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marines fire two Parris Island leaders in charge of recruit training

One Marine remembered the commander beating an entire platoon of recruits in a fitness test before telling them: "You're going to love being a Marine."

BY MATT WHITE | PUBLISHED JUL 17, 2023 6:21 PM EDT

Col. Bradley Ward and Sgt. Maj. Fabian Casillas were relieved on July as the commander and Sgt. Maj. of Marine recruit training at Parris Island. USMC photos.
The top leaders of the Marine Corps’ storied recruit training on Parris Island, South Carolina were fired in early July. The two senior Marines, Col. Bradley Ward and Sgt. Maj. Fabian Casillas, were relieved for “loss of trust and confidence,” according to a Marine statement sent to Task & Purpose.

But at least one Marine who completed the famously grueling months of recruit training at Parris Island while Ward was the commander remembers him as an inspiring figure at boot camp who outran an entire platoon of recruits in a fitness test before telling them: “Wait until you get into the fleet, you are going to love being a Marine.”

Relieved Of Command

Ward and Casillas served as Recruit Training Regiment Commanding Officer and Sergeant Major at Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island until July. A Marine spokesperson did not identify the two Marines by name but confirmed in a statement to Task & Purpose that the two leaders in those positions at Parris Island were relieved on July 5.

The firing of the two senior leaders was first reported Monday by Marine Corps Times.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/marines-fire-parris-island-leaders-recruit-training/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson