Author Topic: Don Surber: You have no choice but Trump  (Read 294 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Don Surber: You have no choice but Trump
« on: July 19, 2023, 02:51:21 pm »
You have no choice but Trump
Jul 19, 2023

A year ago, Matt K. Lewis, a Senior Columnist at the Daily Beast, did a column of concern trolling called, “‘Anybody but Trump’ Is the Only Way Forward for the GOP.”

Lewis wrote, “The GOP’s never been closer to moving on from Donald Trump.

“The Jan 6. Committee hearings, coupled with Trump’s mixed record of midterm primary endorsements, have left the 45th president bloodied and bruised even in the eyes of loyal Republican voters. And that’s generating speculation that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis may eventually supplant Trump as the party’s standard bearer.”

The argument by Lewis made me chuckle: “DeSantis may be the only person standing between us and Donald Trump in 2024. And this matters because — as we have seen — once you are the nominee of a major party, you have a decent chance of becoming president (especially if Joe Biden or Kamala Harris are the other alternatives). The second question is this: Is Donald Trump a uniquely dangerous person?

“This question is not as simple to answer as it seems. It’s possible that Trump was uniquely dangerous, but that his presidency also exposed weaknesses in the American system that could be exploited by some future authoritarian with a less-chaotic nature.”

more
https://donsurber.substack.com/p/you-have-no-choice-but-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Don Surber: You have no choice but Trump
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2023, 02:55:59 pm »
Uh, no, we are not limited to the Orange Disaster.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2023, 03:44:18 pm »
Wow - read that column and that guy is something else.   Another example of a Trump supporter who makes me want to vote for someone else.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2023, 03:57:41 pm »
God gave me the gift of Free Will.  I always have a choice, even when others try to convince me that I don't.

I will never surrender my Free Will to be someone's useful idiot.

The fact that Trump has so much power in the GOP speaks more to its weakeness as a party and the weakness of its leaders than to Trump's strength.

Trump couldn't run as a Democrat in 2016 because he would have had stronger competitors, i.e, Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders.

Running as a Republican in 2016, Trump better positioned against weaker competitors, i.e, Mark Rubio, Lindsey Graham, Chris Christie, et. al.

GOP needs more everyday street fighters with cojones than soft-handed Ivy League educated lawyers.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright