Author Topic: Henry Kissinger Makes Surprise Visit to China  (Read 456 times)

Offline Kamaji

Henry Kissinger Makes Surprise Visit to China
« on: July 19, 2023, 02:24:26 pm »
Henry Kissinger Makes Surprise Visit to China

By Susie Moore
July 19, 2023

I have a somewhat embarrassing confession to make: I did not realize Henry Kissinger was still with us. Indeed, he is, only it turns out, he’s presently in China. In a surprise move, the 100-year-old former Secretary of State traveled to Beijing to meet with Li Shangfu, China’s Defense Minister, on Tuesday.

https://twitter.com/IndoPac_Info/status/1681321561905860610

According to the U.S. State Department, Kissinger’s visit is not on behalf of the U.S. government but rather as a private citizen. Still, the timing of the visit, on the heels of recent visits by current Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen and concurrent with former Secretary of State and current climate envoy John Kerry, does raise some questions.

So what was the purpose of Kissinger’s visit?

During the surprise visit, Kissinger said he was a friend of China and encouraged both countries to cooperate more closely, according to the statement.

“The United States and China should eliminate misunderstandings, coexist peacefully and avoid confrontation. History and practice have continually proved that neither the United States nor China can afford to treat the other as an adversary,” Kissinger said, according to a Reuters translation.

Without naming names, Li said that “some people in the U.S.” had previously failed to meet China halfway, causing Sino-U.S. relations to fall to their lowest point.

Source:  https://redstate.com/smoosieq/2023/07/19/henry-kissinger-makes-surprise-visit-to-china-n778712

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Henry Kissinger Makes Surprise Visit to China
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2023, 06:00:51 pm »
Henry trying to get "his cut" on any deals made.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 06:09:31 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2023, 06:04:38 pm »
The Chi-coms only want to steal our technology and intellectual property to use against us.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2023, 06:07:06 pm »
The Chi-coms only want to steal our technology and intellectual property to use against us.

If TikTok is an example of stealing our intellectual property they can have it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2023, 07:14:44 pm »
Logan Act??
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2023, 08:34:31 pm »
So many things come to mind, but foremost is the thought that Kissinger is a hundred years old and way sharper than Brandon.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2023, 08:50:59 pm »
So many things come to mind, but foremost is the thought that Kissinger is a hundred years old and way sharper than Brandon.

Same thing came to my mind, too.  Which just emphasizes that cognitive impairment testing for the president should be mandatory.  It's not the age, it's the wear and tear.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2023, 11:29:57 pm »
Same thing came to my mind, too.  Which just emphasizes that cognitive impairment testing for the president should be mandatory.  It's not the age, it's the wear and tear.
Not sure about wear and tear when it comes to Biden, more likely second rate parts just naturally wear out faster. :silly:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2023, 11:31:37 pm »
Not sure about wear and tear when it comes to Biden, more likely second rate parts just naturally wear out faster. :silly:

Third-rate at best!