Author Topic: Ohio GOP braces for critical primary in bid to oust Sherrod Brown  (Read 157 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ohio GOP braces for critical primary in bid to oust Sherrod Brown
by Julia Mueller - 07/19/23 6:00 AM ET

Republicans are gearing up for a competitive primary as they look to unseat Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown in next year’s closely watched Ohio Senate race.

Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose (R) became the latest Republican to announce his candidacy earlier this week, joining a crowded field that includes businessman Bernie Moreno and state Sen. Matt Dolan (R).

Brown, a third-term incumbent, is seen as one of the most vulnerable Senate Democrats up for reelection next year, and the race could be key to deciding which party wins control of the upper chamber in the 2024 election.

“It’s going to be a dogfight to defeat Sherrod Brown. I don’t think anybody would say anything otherwise. If they did, they don’t know Ohio,” said one GOP strategist in the state who’s backing LaRose. “Whoever the nominee is, is going to have to run an A-plus campaign.”

Dolan ran for Ohio’s other Senate seat in the midterms last year but lost in the GOP primary to Trump-endorsed Republican JD Vance, who went on to win the general election. Dolan was the first to get in the 2024 race with the hopes of challenging Brown, followed by Moreno — who also lodged a bid for the open Senate seat in the midterms but eventually dropped out of the crowded Republican primary.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4104056-ohio-gop-braces-for-critical-primary-in-bid-to-oust-sherrod-brown/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Ohio GOP braces for critical primary in bid to oust Sherrod Brown
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2023, 02:15:53 pm »
Brown will be tough to beat.  Doesn't seem like it should be the case in red Ohio, but we're a weird state political sometimes.

Offline LMAO

Re: Ohio GOP braces for critical primary in bid to oust Sherrod Brown
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2023, 05:23:18 pm »
Whether this becomes another Republican pick up or not, I think our best chance in 2024 is the Senate.

Ohio could just stay like Wisconsin where we have one Republican and one Democrat senator
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 05:24:54 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy