Author Topic: Ron DeSantis says he would consider Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds as his running mate  (Read 239 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Ron DeSantis says he would consider Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds as his running mate

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, a Republican presidential contender, said Saturday that he would consider Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds as his running mate as he criticized former President Donald Trump’s recent complaints about her.

Asked whether he would consider Reynolds as a pick for vice president if he wins the GOP nomination, DeSantis said: "Of course."

"I mean, she’s one of the top public servants in America," he told reporters at a fundraising event in Ankeny, Iowa.

DeSantis also dismissed Trump’s criticism of Reynolds: “I thought the attacks on her were totally, totally out of hand and totally unnecessary."

Asked to comment on DeSantis’ remarks, Trump campaign spokesperson Steven Cheung said, “Ron DeSantis is totally out of hand.”

Trump, who leads DeSantis by a wide margin in national polling, last week expressed his frustration with Reynolds for declining to endorse a candidate early in the race for the GOP nomination. In a post on his Truth Social platform, he suggested Reynolds is supporting DeSantis despite her vow to uphold a norm among Iowa governors to remain neutral throughout the swing state’s closely watched presidential primary..........

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/ron-desantis-says-consider-iowa-gov-kim-reynolds-running-mate-rcna94543
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Reynolds has already said no.

Offline Kamaji

Asked to comment on DeSantis’ remarks, Trump campaign spokesperson Steven Cheung said, “Ron DeSantis is totally out of hand.”

:mauslaff:

Thin-skinned Chickenshit Trump.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
:mauslaff:

Thin-skinned Chickenshit Trump.

Out of hand??   :silly:  How???
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Out of hand??   :silly:  How???

Reynolds immediately said no to Ronny's trial balloon @libertybele   000hehehehe