Author Topic: What Biden’s Troop Call-Up Order To Europe Really Means  (Read 131 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What Biden’s Troop Call-Up Order To Europe Really Means
« on: July 18, 2023, 06:58:37 pm »
What Biden’s Troop Call-Up Order To Europe Really Means
With a strained force in Europe, the order could recall hundreds of people who left the military to take the place of deployed troops.

BY
HOWARD ALTMAN
|
PUBLISHED JUL 14, 2023 3:21 PM EDT
Biden Troop Call up

When President Joe Biden announced his executive order about U.S. forces in Europe on Thursday, concern ran rampant that America was beefing up for an immanent direct armed conflict with Russia.

But the reality is that the move was designed to replace some currently deployed troops and bolster some critical requirements. It was not meant to add to the 100,000 troops already stationed there — about a fifth of whom were deployed in the wake of Russia's all-out invasion. Still, it sets a new precedent and could open the door to further call-ups.

Biden’s executive order called for mobilizing up to 3,000 reserve troops, of which no more than 450 could be what are known as Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) troops. Those are people who previously served but still have a contingency commitment to the military.

The biggest real impact of all this will be on those IRR forces who have to return to service, a recently retired Army Reserve general officer told us.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/what-bidens-troop-call-up-order-to-europe-really-means
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson