Author Topic: Air Force C-32 Jets Are Going Incognito Under New Security Policy  (Read 128 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force C-32 Jets Are Going Incognito Under New Security Policy
Story by Joseph Trevithick • Yesterday 5:02 PM

Serial numbers are disappearing from the tails and rear fuselages of U.S. Air Force's secretive C-32B Gatekeeper personnel transport planes and its more commonly seen C-32A executive transport jets that often fly in the Air Force Two and Air Force One role. This is part of an initiative that originated with the service's Air Mobility Command that is ostensibly intended to improve operations security, but some experts and observers have questioned its utility.

For what appears to be the first time anywhere, plane spotters caught a serial number-less C-32A landing at Yokota Air Base in Japan, a major U.S. Air Force hub in that country, last week. The aircraft in question was reportedly serial number 98-0002, based on publicly available flight tracking data.

98-0002 arriving at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska in 2021. The typical serial number marking found on C-32As, which consists of the last five digits of the aircraft's full serial, is seen here on the tail.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/air-force-c-32-jets-are-going-incognito-under-new-security-policy/ar-AA1dZtsm?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=a7f681d8c1924827bc656f7f3790c027&ei=91
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson