Author Topic: Texas lawmakers say Abbott’s buoy barrier system is dangerous, might violate international law  (Read 184 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas lawmakers say Abbott’s buoy barrier system is dangerous, might violate international law
by: Fernie Ortiz

Posted: Jul 13, 2023 / 05:53 PM CDT

Updated: Jul 18, 2023 / 08:23 AM CDT

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) — A group of Texas Democrats is urging the White House to look into Gov. Greg Abbott’s use of floating aquatic barriers on the Rio Grande, calling it “yet another dangerous stunt.”

Abbott announced Friday that the large orange buoys had arrived in Eagle Pass, Texas, and installation would begin immediately, adding that the Texas Department of Public Safety was overseeing the project.

On Monday, a DPS spokesman told Border Report that concrete was being laid on the riverbed of the Rio Grande to anchor a 1,000-foot-long string of giant orange buoys.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/texas-lawmakers-say-abbotts-buoy-barrier-system-is-dangerous-might-violate-international-law/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas lawmakers say Abbott’s buoy barrier system is dangerous, might violate international law

Texas lawmakers or Texas DEMOCRAT lawmakers?  It makes a huge difference.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Democrats; go figure.