Author Topic: No immigrants have come forward alleging they were victims of sexual misconduct by Chicago cops, ove  (Read 162 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
No immigrants have come forward alleging they were victims of sexual misconduct by Chicago cops, oversight chief says
Andrea Kersten said “an unprecedented amount of media attention and public scrutiny” prompted her to take the unusual step of briefing the media on the ongoing investigation.
By  Tom Schuba  Updated Jul 18, 2023, 1:01pm EDT

The head of the city’s police oversight agency announced Tuesday that investigators so far haven’t identified any immigrants as victims of “sexual misconduct” at the hands of Chicago cops.

Andrea Kersten, chief administrator of the Civilian Office of Police Accountability, told reporters at COPA’s offices in West Town that “an unprecedented amount of media attention and public scrutiny” prompted her to take the unusual step of disclosing early details of the ongoing investigation.

COPA was initially made aware of the allegations on July 6 accusing one officer from the Ogden District of “sexual contact with an unidentified, underage female migrant,” Kersten said. The allegations also suggested that several other unidentified officers from the district “may have also engaged in similar misconduct.”

“The source of the initial allegation was unknown,” she said. “But the information appeared to be circulating amongst various CPD and Office of Emergency Management and Communication, or OEMC, employees.”

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2023/7/18/23798740/no-immigrants-come-forward-alleging-victims-of-sexual-misconduct-by-chicago-cops-copa-chief-says
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It doesn't mean it hasn't happened, only that it hasn't been reported.  Remember, the government of Chicago was run by Frank Nitti where reporting something can get you a ride to the bottom of the Chicago River. 22222frying pan
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson