Author Topic: Noted Climatologist Ilhan Omar Says the Earth Broke a 120,000-Year-Old Temperature Record  (Read 350 times)

Offline Kamaji

Noted Climatologist Ilhan Omar Says the Earth Broke a 120,000-Year-Old Temperature Record, Promptly Gets Ratioed

By Jim Thompson
July 18, 2023

I live in the Golden State, where you can’t walk two feet without running into an amateur “climatologist.” We just came out of one of the wettest winters in decades. It followed a drought that we were told was caused by climate change, and I agree with that statement. Just not the way climate activists think.

The climate changes. Droughts happen and they happened long for traffic rams on the 405 Freeway.

Before the Industrial Revolution or the proliferation of oil-burning machines, the climate had changed. It changed a lot. The “Lost Colony of Roanoke” disappeared and its inhabitants died almost certainly because they tried to put stakes down during an 800-year drought. We know this because of tree rings.

And, Susie Moore added:

[T]he modeling system they use to measure the global average temperature has only been in use since 1979. And while instrument-based records date back to the mid-19th Century, scientists depend on data from tree rings and ice cores to provide “proxy data” for temps prior. That proxy data tells them: “It hasn’t been this warm since…125,000 years ago.”

Is proxy data accurate? Not really. Climatologists use data that shows a 0.2-degree increase in temperature averages. That type of finite data wasn’t available 200 years ago. There is no way to measure what temperature it was on a given day 1,000 years ago or, for that matter, 120,000 years. Scientists can guess, but it is a guess.

That didn’t stop Ilhan Omar from climbing into her DeLorean and traveling back in time, to claim that three days this summer broke a record apparently set 120,000 years ago.

Big, if true. Fred Flintstone was unavailable to confirm.

If there is anything to like about Twitter, it is “community notes”, and the occasional replies to stupid tweets.

https://twitter.com/AdamCrigler/status/1681174376849219586

Source:  https://redstate.com/jimthompson/2023/07/18/noted-climatologist-ilhan-omar-says-the-earth-broke-a-120000-year-old-temperature-record-promptly-gets-ratioed-n778306

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Why should I trust anything Ilhan Omar says??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

You shouldn't.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

When she says she hates Israel I believe her.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
When she says she hates Israel I believe her.

Well, yes, that is true., I believe her as well.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline PeteS in CA

Does Omar know the difference between "measurement" and "estimate"? She's almost as stupid as Kammie.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.