Author Topic: Ex-Trump chief of staff Kelly says second term would be ‘nonstop gunfight’  (Read 1989 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Exactly.  To my understanding, the first law restricting entry to the U.S. was the Page Act of 1875.  Source:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_Act_of_1875

Since the Fourteenth Amendment was adopted by Congress in 1868, there would have been no generalized conception of legal versus illegal entry; only whether persons here were here in their personal capacity, or under an accredited capacity from another sovereign government.

One problem is that we're arguing against a romanticized vision of "fighting the left", that is divorced from legal or practical reality.  But some folks like believing in that stuff, so they're going to believe in it regardless of the facts. It's just catharsis for a lot of them.

Offline Kamaji

One problem is that we're arguing against a romanticized vision of "fighting the left", that is divorced from legal or practical reality.  But some folks like believing in that stuff, so they're going to believe in it regardless of the facts. It's just catharsis for a lot of them.

Yup; that's been pretty clear for a while.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
:crossed:  Heaven knows we could use a little 1776 right now.

Sometimes I just want to watch the world burn.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

Any gunfight in a Trump administration would turn into a lethal circle-jerk/circular firing squad very quickly.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

One problem is that we're arguing against a romanticized vision of "fighting the left", that is divorced from legal or practical reality.

The real problem is putting "fight" and legacy "Republican/Conservative" in the same sentence.

Sometimes I just want to watch the world burn.

Sorry @Cyber Liberty  but, I'm not sure what you mean by this.  Can you explain?  Thanks.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Any gunfight in a Trump administration would turn into a lethal circle-jerk/circular firing squad very quickly.

We already saw the Trumpian version of a "gunfight" on January 6.  A bunch of people all riled up without any plan but stupidity accelerated by emotion, while Trump himself sat on his butt and watched.  Now they're sitting in jail, and he's dining in fine restaurants running for President yet again.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
We already saw the Trumpian version of a "gunfight" on January 6.  A bunch of people all riled up without any plan but stupidity accelerated by emotion, while Trump himself sat on his butt and watched.  Now they're sitting in jail, and he's dining in fine restaurants running for President yet again.

I am one that believes that the majority of those "riled up" were not Trump supporters. The insurrection was orchestrated by the DEMS and in particular Pelosi and Pence.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
massadvj asks:
"Would he simply ignore the Congress and the courts?"

How is that different from what the current administration is doing?

The title claims "a nonstop gunfight"?

Well, I say BRING IT ON.
And fire at will, gentlemen...

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

What you have had him do?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I am one that believes that the majority of those "riled up" were not Trump supporters. The insurrection was orchestrated by the DEMS and in particular Pelosi and Pence.

Maybe not.  But there are lots of people on camera who assaulted police officers and broke windows, who are now in jail.  I find it hard to believe they're all Democrat plants willing to service 1+ years in prison just for the heck of it.  The woman who was shot was very clearly crawling through a broken glass window in a door to get further into the Capitol, while cops are telling her to stop.  I don't think she was a Democrat plant.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

What you have had him do?

I'm not the one calling for a gunfight, so I'd prefer nothing.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I'm not the one calling for a gunfight, so I'd prefer nothing.

I mean regarding J6. Trump asked for a peaceful protest and for people to go home. You say he sat on his butt and watched. I don't know what else he could do other than what he did.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I mean regarding J6. Trump asked for a peaceful protest and for people to go home. You say he sat on his butt and watched. I don't know what else he could do other than what he did.

Again, this is in the context of those who are advocating for the proverbial "gunfight" or maybe "watching it all burn".  If that's what you want, then Trump didn't do any of that.  If he was really in favor of "a gunfight", then he could have gone to the head of the crowd and led the charge himself.

The point you raise about whether Trump should have come out more strongly against the riot...I guess I don't care.  The left says that he should have made more frequent and stronger statements against it when it started to turn violent.  I personally don't care about that one way or other, so I've never actually examined the timeline of what he said versus what was happening.  I do have a recollection that someone in his inner circle -- I don't remember who -- supposedly urged him to make a public statement, but he didn't.  Maybe I'll think differently when it's all laid out, but as of right now, I don't care.  He certainly didn't tell anyone to be violent -- that I do know.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sorry @Cyber Liberty  but, I'm not sure what you mean by this.  Can you explain?  Thanks.

So far,  almost all DeeCee GOP politicians are pissing me off.  The ones in AZ are doing it too with their cowardice.  A pox on all of them!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Again, this is in the context of those who are advocating for the proverbial "gunfight" or maybe "watching it all burn".  If that's what you want, then Trump didn't do any of that.  If he was really in favor of "a gunfight", then he could have gone to the head of the crowd and led the charge himself.

The point you raise about whether Trump should have come out more strongly against the riot...I guess I don't care.  The left says that he should have made more frequent and stronger statements against it when it started to turn violent.  I personally don't care about that one way or other, so I've never actually examined the timeline of what he said versus what was happening.  I do have a recollection that someone in his inner circle -- I don't remember who -- supposedly urged him to make a public statement, but he didn't.  Maybe I'll think differently when it's all laid out, but as of right now, I don't care.  He certainly didn't tell anyone to be violent -- that I do know.

Thanks for the reply. As far as Trump's handling of things during his term I don't fault him for much. IF he becomes the next POTUS I wanna see a continuous gunfight.

Offline LMAO

Maybe not.  But there are lots of people on camera who assaulted police officers and broke windows, who are now in jail.  I find it hard to believe they're all Democrat plants willing to service 1+ years in prison just for the heck of it.  The woman who was shot was very clearly crawling through a broken glass window in a door to get further into the Capitol, while cops are telling her to stop.  I don't think she was a Democrat plant.

No

The idea that everyone rioting on Jan 6th at the Capitol were ANTIFA/BLM/FBI/Democrat plants is ridiculous and no one outside the MAGA bubble buys it

There is always those that will take advantage of any situation. But the idea there were no Trump supporters causing mayhem....LOL

There were people rioting and causing general mayhem in DC on Trump's inaugural day. Were those all Trump supporters trying to make the opposition look bad? See how ridiculous that sounds
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 11:51:12 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Thanks for the reply. As far as Trump's handling of things during his term I don't fault him for much. IF he becomes the next POTUS I wanna see a continuous gunfight.

@bigheadfred

Even if he rolled six straight wins with dice; unless he has compiled a circle of FRiends like Don Vito Corleone it won't work.

He doesn't know enough well intended, capable people to run the vacancies 'forthcoming'.  :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
@bigheadfred

Even if he rolled six straight wins with dice; unless he has compiled a circle of FRiends like Don Vito Corleone it won't work.

He doesn't know enough well intended, capable people to run the vacancies 'forthcoming'.  :shrug:

That in a nutshell has always been his problem; he doesn't know enough capable and trustworthy people.  I think he is too trusting and that indicates to me he has a huge heart.  Not a bad thing, but obviously he got burned a lot.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

So far,  almost all DeeCee GOP politicians are pissing me off.  The ones in AZ are doing it too with their cowardice.  A pox on all of them!

Thanks.

"Apparently it’s “textbook fascism” and “dangerous” to fire bureaucrats who are actively working against the administration they serve.." (Video)

https://twitter.com/alx/status/1681495494407725058

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

That in a nutshell has always been his problem; he doesn't know enough capable and trustworthy people.  I think he is too trusting and that indicates to me he has a huge heart.  Not a bad thing, but obviously he got burned a lot.

I don't buy the argument that all of his former advisors who he now can't stand were bad hires.  I think there are two problems, more or less unrelated.

1) He too often hires the wrong people because as a narcissist, he's too susceptible to flattery and therefore hires people not for how good they are at their jobs, but because of how well they can flatter him.

2) When he does hired good people, he has character flaws that destroy the relationship.  He doesn't read and won't listen to advice that he doesn't like -- especially when someone tells him he can't do something he wants to do.  So he ends up denigrating and insulting those subordinates when they tell him something he doesn't want to hear, and they become "the enemy".  In short, it doesn't do any good to hire good advisors if you won't take their advice.

Put those two things together, and they explain why his primary lawyer was a sleazeball like Michael Cohen.  Cohen flattered Trump, so he fit 1), and then he wouldn't tell Trump anything he didn't want to hear, even if he had to cut corners or so something unethical, so 2) wasn't a problem.

Offline Kamaji

I don't buy the argument that all of his former advisors who he now can't stand were bad hires.  I think there are two problems, more or less unrelated.

1) He too often hires the wrong people because as a narcissist, he's too susceptible to flattery and therefore hires people not for how good they are at their jobs, but because of how well they can flatter him.

2) When he does hired good people, he has character flaws that destroy the relationship.  He doesn't read and won't listen to advice that he doesn't like -- especially when someone tells him he can't do something he wants to do.  So he ends up denigrating and insulting those subordinates when they tell him something he doesn't want to hear, and they become "the enemy".  In short, it doesn't do any good to hire good advisors if you won't take their advice.

Put those two things together, and they explain why his primary lawyer was a sleazeball like Michael Cohen.  Cohen flattered Trump, so he fit 1), and then he wouldn't tell Trump anything he didn't want to hear, even if he had to cut corners or so something unethical, so 2) wasn't a problem.

:thumbsup: