General Category > Weather

Biggest smoke plume yet from Canadian wildfires to blanket 23 states today as Code Orange warnings i

(1/5) > >>

mystery-ak:
Biggest smoke plume yet from Canadian wildfires to blanket 23 states today as Code Orange warnings issued for vulnerable residents to stay indoors

Nearly half of US states are predicted to be impacted Tuesday by smoke moving down from Canada   
    It is the largest smoke plume recorded so far this year
    The smoke is expected to disperse by Wednesday when it will be pushed off the East Coast

By Sophie Mann For Dailymail.Com

Published: 02:59 EDT, 18 July 2023 | Updated: 08:53 EDT, 18 July 2023

Another massive plume of smoke from Canada hit the lower 48 on Monday, with air quality in some half of US states expected to be impacted at least through Tuesday.

Smoke swept through US cities and states on the East Coast Monday, prompting local health authorities to issue air quality warnings and request that people with health issues that may make them vulnerable to smoke to stay inside.

Code Orange air quality - meaning quality that will impact vulnerable populations - is expected to hit 23 states through Tuesday and will include population hubs like Chicago, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Nashville - all of which were also blanketed in smoke on Monday.

Washington, DC ranked among the most polluted cities on Earth Monday afternoon due to the smoke that was swept over from the Appalachians toward the coast.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12309431/America-smoked-Biggest-smoke-plume-Canadian-wildfires-blanket-23-states-today-Code-Orange-warnings-issued-vulnerable-residents-stay-indoors.html

Kamaji:
I wonder if the skies in NYC will turn orange again.

mountaineer:
 Another hazy day here. My eyes will be burning any moment now.

Wingnut:
Canadian wild fire smoke to the north. Serra dust cloud to the south. Here I am, stuck in the middle with you!.

Free Vulcan:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version