Author Topic: Second Trump term would be ‘nonstop gunfight,’ ex-chief of staff John Kelly says  (Read 260 times)

Offline Kamaji

Second Trump term would be ‘nonstop gunfight,’ ex-chief of staff John Kelly says: ‘The sycophants would go along with it’

By Victor Nava
July 17, 2023

One of former President Donald Trump’s top White House advisers said a second term for the 77-year-old would create chaos and lead to a “nonstop gunfight” with judges and lawmakers.

“It would be chaotic,” former White House chief of staff John Kelly said of Trump taking power again.

“It just simply would be chaotic, because he’d continually be trying to exceed his authority but the sycophants would go along with it. It would be a nonstop gunfight with the Congress and the courts,” Kelly told the New York Times.

Trump is the current front-runner in the 2024 Republican presidential primary, with a RealClearPolitics average of polls putting him ahead of his top opponent, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, by more than 34 points.

Kelly, a former Marine Corps general who first joined Trump’s administration as homeland security secretary, replaced Reince Priebus as White House chief of staff in July 2017 and served in that role until January 2019.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/17/second-trump-term-would-be-nonstop-gunfight-john-kelly-says/

Offline yodaspock

I think that's what 50+ % are looking for! The results of the gun fight would be the death of the the Deep State.

Offline Kamaji

I think that's what 50+ % are looking for! The results of the gun fight would be the death of the the Deep State.

No, actually, they wouldn't.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I think you just provided an outstanding example of the mindset that leads so many voters to be so anti-Trump.

Our Constitution and system of government is set up so that the President cannot override both the courts and Congress.  The only way he can win that kind of "gunfight" is to go outside the structure of the Constitution.

And the idea that Trump and some of his supporter are considering acting outside the Constitution is exactly why a whole lot of people aren't exactly fond of the guy.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 01:49:16 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

I take what anyone says that Trump removed with a grain of salt.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.