Author Topic: Loss Of Confidence  (Read 257 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Loss Of Confidence
« on: July 17, 2023, 04:24:11 pm »
Loss Of Confidence
By Guest Contributor
July 16, 2023
Views: 2888

Guest post by Brad Miller

I have completely lost confidence in the ability of the Department of Defense’s top officials to effectively and dutifully lead the military.

Military Leaders

The military is currently undergoing a change in some of its top officers, whether at the Pentagon or prominent commands across the force. These changes are routine in nature and don't necessarily signify in and of themselves that something is out of order. Therefore, what is disturbing to many Americans, including military troops and veterans, is not the fact that leadership changes are occurring but rather who these key positions may soon be held by.

After all, many of us are glad to see the top military officers leave their positions, though we may feel that the departure of some of these key leaders should be in handcuffs. I’ve written extensively about my feelings on senior military leadership in a piece appropriately titled Treason and Cowardice. However, I personally brook no illusion that their replacements will be any better. In fact, I assume that it will be more of the same.

Sadly, it's apparent that senior military leaders are passing loyalty tests of some sort, whether formal or informal. These loyalty tests have nothing to do with their oath to the Constitution or their love of country. In fact, these loyalty tests are clearly in direct tension with those ideals and even appear to supersede them.

https://armedforces.press/loss-of-confidence/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Loss Of Confidence
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2023, 10:21:38 pm »
Loss Of Confidence
By Guest Contributor
July 16, 2023
Views: 2888

Guest post by Brad Miller

I have completely lost confidence in the ability of the Department of Defense’s top officials to effectively and dutifully lead the military.

@rangerrebew

And you ain't by yourself.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!